Priceline Hotel: upgrading room from priceline

eee99
By eee99,
in

Is it possible to upgrade the room booked by priceline?

Can this be done prior to arrival or do I have to wait till check in?

I want to make sure I get ocean front. I am worried I will book through priceline and get stuck with a garden view or parking lot room.

Thanks

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

HOTWIRE or PRICELINE reservations are not eligible for upgrades, given that the rates are significantly discounted over regular rate. One can ask at check-in regarding upgrade availability, but the hotel may charge a fee or simply say no. There is no way to know, but I would not recommend going in with the expectation of getting an upgrade from a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE reservation.

please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

This is going to be property specific. I have called some hotels and they have done so prior to arrival, some for fee, some just treat Priceline bookings like any other and just put the special request in the record. Views are always only 'guaranteed' with full rate payment for the specific room type. Most hotel reservations are 'run-of-house' with them being able to give you any available room.

If you get one of those hotels that say 'that room type is not available to that rate', this can sometimes be handled at check-in for a fee, but there is never a gaurantee of this option being open on your day of arrival. Many hotel staff even get commision for selling 'upgrades' at check-in.

If you are able to guess the possible hotel you might win, just call them prior to booking and see what they say their policy is. I did that last with the Hotel Nikko in San Francisco and it worked out great when that turned out to be the hotel I won.

I was at the Waikiki Marriott from 4/17-4/22 and they upgraded me to a Diamond Head/partial ocean view at check-in (I just asked, no fee charged). I spent one night at the Hyatt Regency, and they upgraded me to a mountain view at check-in (I didn't ask, they just gave me the upgrade after I complimented the hotel as I checked in).

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]