Hotwire Hotel: 5* Munich (City Center) Westin Grand Munich Arabellapark

badgerW
By badgerW,
in

I just bought this one. 5*, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, High-speed Internet Access, Spa.

It is the Westin Grand Munich Arabellapark.

I was actually hoping for the Le Meridien and thinking that they might have dropped the golf and added the spa to their description. Oh well, it was $99 a night for a 5-star for 2 rooms for 2 nights, 5/12-5/14. Hard to beat 5* for $99 a night. And at least it's close to a U-Bahn station, although I really would have preferred something closer to the Marienplatz and/or Hauptbahnhof.

Thanks for providing this site, it helps a lot! I have used the HOTWIRE hotel listings several times but this is my first time to contribute.

Congratulations on your success and Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Quite a nice deal for a 5* Westin property! Glad you are satisfied with the result, and thank you for letting us know about this new HOTWIRE property to add to the site's Hotwire Hotel list.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

• 1 month later...

Just to follow-up on our trip....

This was a very nice hotel, and the location was pretty good. It was only a 2-3 minute walk from the Arabellapark U-Bahn station. Note for people staying at this hotel: When you leave the U-Bahn station, make sure to exit on the southwestern end of the station (as you arrive to the station on the train, this will be the stairs at the rear end of the train). After leaving the train platform, you will find yourself in a small station with a little bakery. Bear left past the bakery to find your way to the stairs out of the station. You will come up the stairs in the middle of a large high-rise plaza with retail on the first floor and offices (?) above. (If you walk out the other end of the station, you will come up to a nondescript tree-lined street close to a bus stop.) Walk straight ahead out of this plaza, turn right, and the Westin is straight ahead. In the vicinity of this station and plaza, there were two signs bearing directions to the Sheraton, which is right across the street from the Westin. Follow those signs, and you will be sure to see the Westin.

The neighborhood is nice -- a large office park. Not at all shady or run-down -- but at night or on holidays, it can be a little empty.

The Westin charges 21EUR for 24 hours of WiFi! Ridiculous!

The side of the building facing the city (West -- away from the U-Bahn station) faces onto a fairly busy street. However, we stayed on that side of the building, and the noise was not a problem, even with the window open. If you are hoping for great views of the city, you won't really get them. The hotel is just too far away to really see much. You can see the towers of the Frauenkirche and a few other landmarks sticking up beyond the roofs of other buildings, but that's about it.

actually, the Westin Grand Arabellapark Munich is the former Arabella Sheraton. Starwood is phasing out its Sheraton brand; so it's the same hotel. Interesting to see that it now is ranked as a 5* and not as a 4.5* as previously.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]