Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

jauntyjessie
By jauntyjessie,
in

Hi there!

I love your site but am having some trouble navigating through Priceline. Looking for some pointers for the Times Square or Midtown West area. We are staying May 7th-9th. I would prefer to spend under $140 taxes not included for a 3.5 or 4 star hotel Will move to 3 if necessary! I'm afraid I've wasted all my tries on priceline before posting so is there a lag time inbetween bidding? Thanks for the help! :)

Before moving forward i would give this thread a read: Hotels Near Times Sqaure

With the above noted (and not to contradict the comments in the link above), i wouldn't necessarily recommend the MTE zone at the 3.5* level (at the 4* level 'yes'... at the 3.5* level 'no')....

At the 4* level all of the following usually prove to be convenient for the average user:

MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, ESB (sometimes ESB is left out but personally i like the area and thinks it's convenient with good subway access)

At the 3.5* level, Chelsea, ESB, MSG, MTW, and TS are usually all considered well located. The CPS zone is good too, but this zone contains the Hudson which has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards)... if you don't mind a small room then this zone is fine to bid too. At the 3.5* level the MTE zone contains the Millenium UN, which is a good hotel and is generally well reviewed, but it's about a 15 minute walk to the subway, which is fine for some but not fine for others (i'm assuming not fine for you since you commented that you wanted to be "close to everything").

If you include the zones above I'm not sure $140 will be enough for a 3.5* or higher, it'll be close, i'm guessing somewhere between $135-$150 for a 3.5* OR maybe $150-$165 for a 4*. (we'll of course start lower with a suggested strategy, but with not too much price difference between the two i didn't know if you'd prefer to try for a 4* first or just as soon save some money and try for a 3.5*)

Let us know your thoughts regarding zones, star rating, and maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok here we go! I would be ok with the following....

4*

CPS

MTE

MTW

TS

3.5*

MTW

TS

CPS-kinda iffy about the hudson room size though :)

Chelsea

I bid last night in MTW and TS and lost out with my bid of $155 and that had the 3.5* included. I did not include CPS. I would prefer to stay under $150 max bid/ without taxes.

thanks for the help!

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones... at the 3.5* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, MTE and CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTW and TS...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* CPS...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTW and TS and CPS...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

NOTE: there are currently no 3.5* rated hotels in the Chelsea zone, which is why i left it out above

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I got the same priceline deal at the Hyatt this weekend (previously posted which was not believed by some :) )... It's been my experience, and observing on this site that New York 4* prices drop substantially within the week before check-in... Perhaps people could know this- there is lots of hope for a 4* less than $120 in NYC...

Thanks again for the site!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]