Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (UM/CPS) Swissotel The Drake

garyg20
By garyg20,
in

Wow I used the exact system posted by theruare and I got :

4* Swissotel NY,NY March 3-6 124$/night

The swissotel's cheapest price is 279$ online for these dates!!! go check it.

http://newyork.swissotel.com/

I started with MTE 4* at 94$ and rebid the 2 zones(UE and UW), max my bid to 113$.Trying to bid up in raises of 8$ to 11$. Then closed out and did it again for MTW, this time starting at 102$ and ending at 118$. I then put it in UM/CPS by itself and started the 1st bid at 124$.....Bang it hit!! The sytem works. Who knows I probably could have gotten this for cheaper but Im not complaing Im stoked.I figured I'd start my bid a little higher than my previous final bids and maybe get lucky. I went to priceline through the www.savingsbarn.com link, dont know if it helped or not. Thanks alot . Youd be foolish not to use priceline and this sytem for all hotel needs. I'll tell you how my trip went.

-G-

p.s. Thanks KatiesMom for the suggestions to NYC were going to use them. We already booked Friday night at STRIP. We heard it was a good steak place so were going. Looking for a romantic place for Saturday. Any suggestions anyone????

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win! I'm glad you were able to use the information here to get yourself a great deal at this hotel.

Thank you for posting and for using the links at SavingsBarn.com... we appreciate both!

For your Saturday dinner, what type of price range do you have in mind?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Great bidding and results. For romantic, expensive, The River Cafe in Brooklyn has very good food and sweeping panoramic views of the Manhattan skyline. For more info check out rivercafe.com.

Some other lovely, romantic restaurants, located in midtown, are March, Danube, Fleur de Sel, Tocqueville and Mark's at The Mark Hotel. For more info about these (menues/prices/locations) check out menupages.com.

Thereuare raises a good point about budget. The above are also a bit pricey. But they are some of New York's finest.

If you want memorable, I truly can't think of a nicer spot than the River Cafe. You can take a taxi from midtown. Also, you can make a reservation at opentable.com, and in the special box on the reservation form, tell them it is a marriage proposal and they will treat you very well! This is a 100% reliable rec. For more thoughts on the River Cafe check out the New York board on tripadvisor.com.

Yeah. Strip steakhouse. We heard it was cool. Good I hope its as good as weve heard. I'm thinking Friday's dinner will be fun and Saturday at the river cafe will be romantic. We're going to see Rent Saturday afternoon I think. Any suggestions on which museum to go see. I heard MOMA is really the hot thing right now. thanks

-G-

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]