Hotwire Hotel: 3* Portland (Airport PDX Entrance-Cascade Station) Aloft Cascasde Stn

brewbruin
By brewbruin,
in

Hi All,

My first time posting! This is a great site and I will book all future hotwire bookings/browsings through the designated link!

Yesterday, I was looking at the 3* Hotels at Portland- PDX Cascade Station (for 5/20/10 - 5/23/10) particularly for the aLoft which I know (based on this forum) has the following amenities:

Airport Shuttle, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center,Pool(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access; AND 90% user rating.

But then later in the evening, that listing disappeared and one like it with the "We are still gathering reviews" popped up. Based on other postings, I think the replacement listing is the Red Lion, which I do not want. As I learned here, it seems that the Red Lion is now cheaper than aLoft in Hotwire's inventory, hence Red Lion is being offered instead of aLoft.

HOWEVER, the peculiar thing is that I checked a bunch of other dates in the future, and NONE appear to include the aLoft!

My question is: Is it typical for Hotwire to replace an entire Hotel across all the dates like this? In other words, does Hotwire just sell ONE hotel at the 3* level at Cascade Station across all the dates, rather than the cheapest hotel for specific dates?

Thanks for reading my rather wordy post; and thanks in advance for any input.

Welcome to BetterBidding, brewbruin.

I just checked and the Aloft appears to be back. Its sudden unavailability was likely just a temporary glitch on the hotel's end.

After I read your post, I tried to purchase the hotel nights [5/20-5/23], but again the aLoft was not on there.

The INTERESTING thing is that, when I switched from Firefox [from which I tried for aLoft at least a dozen times] to another browser [internet Explorer], the aLoft popped up right away. I made my booking and am happy to say that I was able to get the aLoft for 5/20-5/23 at $49!

Thanks again, tilepusher for the heads up about the aLoft being available.

brewbruin

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. Diffrent browsers can show a diffrent result/price if doing several searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]