Priceline Hotel: 4/5 to 4/6 - Las Vegas 4* - Suggestions?

akhon
By akhon,
in

On a trip to LV was supposed to return on 4/5 on an overnight flight but Air Canada screwed me and moved the flight up to 1:15PM, so now have to stay an extra night because I have tickets to Zumanity that night just before the flight (admittedly, it's not like you have to twist my arm to spend an extra night in LV).

In any case, am spending 4/3 and 4/4 at the Venetian, and this being an anniversary trip want to finish the trip out in a decent hotel. The 2 nights at Venetian were already booked through Hotwire at $117 / night. Checked Hotwire again for 4/5 and it's $207 for 1 night! Ouch. Am looking at at least a 4* on the Strip - I'll even take the Westin. Tried PL at $55, $60, $65, $70. All rejected. Had a counter offer of $99. Hotwire has a 4* (looks like the Aladdin) for $100. Can't quite decide.

Just checked MGM Grand's website and they have a package for $109 with a $25 dining credit - so effectively bring the rate down to $84. Looking for suggestions on what I should do. Wait and try PL again in 72 hours, go for the $100 Howtiwre, or take the MGM Grand package (since I have to eat anyway right?). I'm leaning toward the MGM Grand package but could use some advice.

Thanks. :)

Overall i think that the Aladdin is a better hotel, but given that the Zumanity show is at NYNY i would probably take the MGM Deal for proxmity sake.

The Monte Carlo is also available at $109, which i also think is a better property than the MGM, but same 'proximity' situation applies, giving the edge to the MGM.

I'm assuming the MGM rate is cancellable, so you could also continue to search HOTWIRE for any drop of their recent offerings.

Given the $70 bid you already placed which was rejected, and your 'back-up' of a 4* hotel for $84, i don't think that priceline is a viable option to continue with (and as i often point out, Las Vegas and Priceline are not always a good combination).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the suggestion thereuare. I've confirmed the MGM package is refundable up to 48 hours so I've made a reservation at the MGM for now. You're right the location is definitely an advantage - not only to NYNY but also a close ride to the airport. Guess I'll keep checking Hotwire in the mean time.

Thanks again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]