Hotwire Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Strip South) NYNY

x-tina
By x-tina,
in

Hi,

I am planning a trip with my sister who has never been to Vegas. Her dates are 5/27-6/1. So far I have bid up and been rejected at $125 for a 5* North for all 5 days. I am not surprised as this is a holiday weekend. Hotwire has the Venetian for $172 for those dates. Expedia also has the Trump for $125 for those dates.

I am willing to split the days into 2 hotels. Possibly I could get one of the PL 5* North for Sunday & Monday (5/30 & 5/31) and get a 3.5*+ for the other three days. I want to make sure we stay in a 5* for at least part of the time and the other hotel I would like to be one of the Vegasy hotels such as NYNY, Paris, Luxor, MGM, etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I work on this!

What is your budget? (both for all 5 nites as well as for each leg of your stay if you choose to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID)

Is there a reason you're only focussing on the North Strip zone... is the South Strip not acceptable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I ended up splitting the dates and using Hotwire.

I wanted to share my unsuccessful attempts for future bidders.

For the dates of 5/27-6/1, 5* North I bid up to $140, in $2 increments. (Today, Hotwire had Venetian for those dates for $156.)

For the dates of 5/30-6/1, 5* North I bid up to $87 in $2 increments. I decided to get the Venetian for $99 for those dates from Hotwire because I could guarantee the hotel choice.

I will share my wins on the hotwire forum.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to make this work for your needs by splitting the stay. Hope you're happy with the results of each leg of your purchase and looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win(s) with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]