Priceline Hotel: Advice - am I bidding incorrectly?

jbc257
By jbc257,
in

Several times in the last few weeks, I've attempted to bid on a hotel in downtown Portland, Oregon (always using the PRICELINE link from this site). I scoured this forum looking for the best prices - I usually start somewhere around $50 and bid up in increments of a few dollars, adding zones as I stick to the 4* rating (as I saw from this board as a good trick). My highest bid so far has been $69, and was still rejected.

The dates I'm looking for are 4/29-5/2. Am I just bidding too far in advance? I would love to hear the thoughts of admins and other members of this forum.

The best 4* deals that you've seen here are not easy to come by; it often takes multiple attempts to get them, if it happens at all. Priceline rates at 3.5* hotels aren't quite as good, but it's a lot easier to get a 3.5* room at the amounts you're bidding. You should be able to get a 3.5* for $55 or less; it's up to you to decide how much more you're willing to pay for a 4*. Current rates for that weekend are fairly low, so I think you can afford to keep trying for that 4* deal for at least another week.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]