Priceline Hotel: 3* Chelsea New York

belindai
By belindai,
in

Dates 05/05/10 - 05/07/10

I tried bidding Chelsea $110 for 2.5* Rejected (median price has gone up to $248, however retail price Holiday Inn Express $208)

I tried bidding Chelsea $135 for 3* Rejected (median price $224)

I tried bidding Chelsea $140 for 3* Rejected

Used the bb PRICELINE link

Originally wanted 3* but would be happy with the Holiday Inn Express 2.5* near penn station to head to Newark on checkout. Do you have any suggestions on what prices would be accepted? I have to wait 24 hours now

Are you asking for a guess as to price for a 3* or a 2.5*? Also, we don't typically recommend only bidding one zone in NYC which is very compact and where there are many zones which are so close together... if a hotel in the Chelsea zone would require a $30-$50 higher bid than a similarly rated hotel in a nearby zone, why not just take the $10 cab ride the morning of departure rather than pay $30-$50 more than you need to for each nite of this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

can you please advise what a likely successful bid for Chelsea 3* for these dates.

can you also please advise what a likely successful bid for Chelsea 2.5* for these dates. I will try for the lowest price in either. I am ultimately looking for a good hotel for the lowest price as I am only one person for this stay

What other areas would you recommend to bid in?

I am staying in Chelsea before these dates and need to extend my stay by 2 days that is why I was trying to bid in Chelsea.

I have previously bid on priceline in Chelsea and Madison square garden and ended up with the ramada new yorker. I don't want to end up with that hotel again so that's why I stuck to Chelsea only. Can u recommend any other good area with good hotels in it?

Thanks

At the 3* level i'd be comfortable bidding MTW, CPS, TS, ESB, and Chelsea (and MSG although it appears you don't want to bid this zone again)

HOTWIRE has a 3* hotel in the MTC zone with Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Internet... best guess is that this is the Holiday Inn on 57th St, if this is of any interest.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If I was to bid 3* level MTW, TS, ESB, and Chelsea, can you suggest a price strategy? Considering I can bid again today for Chelsea 3* above $140 and Chelsea 2.5* above 120

Did you want to exclude the CPS zone from your 3* bidding? What is your maximum bid for a 3* hotel in the above zones? Did you want to bid for a 3* hotel in the zones above before trying for a 2.5* in the Chelsea zone OR did you intend to try for a 3* or 2.5* in the Chelsea zone before bidding for a 3* in the other zones?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I just tried to bid 122 Chelsea 2.5* rejected saying something about constantly changing inventory and unable to offer that price. It said try again and I tried 124 but it said I must change something.

Yes I want to eliminate CPS I would like something not so far away from Penn station. Thinking max bid 150 is that realistic?

Does it increases your chances if bidding in more than one zone? Does that mean you can get a hotel in any of those zones?

I was thinking ESB might be closer?

Adding more zones increases your chances because there are more hotels available to accept your bid.

If I was to bid 3* level MTW, TS, ESB, and Chelsea, can you suggest a price strategy?
Even with your previous 2.5* bid for the Chelsea zone, if that was your only bid made in the last 24 hours, you should be able to bid the following without generating a duplicate bid:

Select 3* MTW and TS...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB and Chelsea...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB and TS...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTW and Chelsea...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTW and Chelsea...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB and TS...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTW and TS and ESB...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTW and TS and Chelsea...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB and Chelsea and MTW...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB and Chelsea and TS...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* ESB and Chelsea and MTW...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I didn't end going with Priceline or Hotwire as couldn't get the price I was looking for and then time ran out.

Ended up staying at Fashion 26 Wyndham Hotel, now Hilton Fashion District, booked a deal through octopustravel.com, which was about $AUD200/night including taxes. The hotel was great, the rooms great, beds comfy, good bathroom, nice decor, wifi in the rooms and computers for use downstairs, a newly opened hotel at the time and the staff were really helpful, free cupcakes. Decent walk to midtown. Really enjoyed the hotel but didn't really find any good places to eat in the area by night.

belindai

Thanks for the follow-up and closing this thread.

Always remeber to allways follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

Please check and use our links (if possible) in the support page for your hotel direct purchases.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]