Priceline Hotel: 5* Phuket (Thalang) Marriott Mai Khao Beach

pauldb
By pauldb,
in

Late notice bid - did this on the 9th. Tried $50 and then jumped to $70 and was accepted.

Was hoping for the JW, and in fact this hotel is a bit disappointing. The JW is on the beachfront, and shares its site and facilities with Phuket Beach Club apartments. Then this hotel is behind the neighbouring Anantara property. You get a free buggy ride to the JW (beach access, restaurants, not pool), and the Mai Khao has its own restaurant and pool.

It's not good news this property has come up. You get a massive 2 bed apartment with kitchen but that's not much help to us or to many Priceliners. There isn't the same feeling of space and style as the JW, less attention to detail and less impressive decor/surroundings/entertainment with basically no lobby. It's still nice and a good deal but I really think this is more like the 4* option and would appreciate your advice how to raise this with PL: for everybody's sake I hope they downgrade it.

Tomorrow I'm moving a mile south to the new Renaissance (direct purchase on their MRewards opening rate). I had a walk around and it looks nice - a smaller, more modern style than the JW. I guess it will also become a 5* in this zone, and will add some comments in a few days time.

Even the JW is a bit too crowded for my liking. Phuket is not quite the escape I was hoping for, but this area is definitely the quietest option.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]