Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Wacker Dr) Hyatt Regency

jmugs
By jmugs,
in

That would very likely be the Hyatt. The Hyatt is the largest hotel in downtown Chicago - it's essentially the definition of a "convention hotel." The service is not great (with over 2,000 rooms, the staff sometimes seems a bit overwhelmed) and the 4-star rating is a bit much (3* is more reasonable.) Still, good location, decent rooms and not bad for Hotwire/Priceline prices. However, wouldn't recommend paying full price. The Hotwire price is a little less than half of the Hyatt's reg. rate.

Personally, if you are willing to be *anywhere in the loop area* (South of the river), I would recommend bidding on Priceline for a 4* in the Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park area instead. There's a bunch of nice hotels in that zone that could potentially come up - but, worst case scenario, you could potentially get the Hyatt for less than what Hotwire is offering. $105 would be a reasonable starting bid.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Thanks for the information.

I would actually prefer to stay on NMA/River North, but have bid on Priceline up to $160 with no luck. I figure the Hyatt Regency is as close to RN without paying the NMA rates.

Please feel free to offer any suggestions, and thanks for the assistance.

Oh, ok :)

If you do want to be right near the River North/NMA area, than the Hotwire Hyatt rate would likely be the best option for that date, as prices are rather high for 9/30 and priceline inventory (I've helped a few other people looking for that date, all of whom have bid very reasonably, given the regular rates, and not gotten anything) seems to be very limited.

Glad I could be of assistance. :) Thank you very much for posting your win and enjoy your trip! :)

Some basic tips:

If you want to get a good bite to eat and don't want to walk too far, head to the corner of Michigan Ave. and Wacker Drive (about a block West of the hotel.) A few steps further West on Wacker and you'll see Corner Bakery right there, facing the river. Corner (http://www.cornerbakerycafe.com/ for menu) provides a very nice menu for breakfast/lunch dinner. In terms of Chicago Pizza, there is a Giordanos essentially a couple of blocks from the hotel at 135 E. LAKE (312)616-1200.

If you need snacks/toiletries, head West from the hotel to Michigan Ave. and start heading South. A few blocks South, there's a CVS Pharmacy (205 Michigan Ave.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]