Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Cherry Hill-Mt Laurel) Marriott Mount Laurel

christianne
By christianne,
in

I had been trying for almost a week to book a 2.5, 3, or 4* hotel in Downtown Philadelphia for a one-night stay on a Friday, and had no luck whatsoever (I later found out there were several events taking place in the city over that weekend, which probably accounts for the scarcity of rooms). I eventually decided that Cherry Hill and Mount Laurel weren't too far away, and bid $60 for a 3* (this bid, I realize, was probably too high, but I was growing desperate and thus threw thriftiness to the wind) in that area. I wound up getting the Mount Laurel Marriott, which I believe was formerly a Radisson. This Marriott was dated, it's true, and sort of dingy, but after I politely protested after being assigned a smoking room, the front desk upgraded me to the concierge level, which was fully as nice as a standard room at, say, the Marriott in downtown Philly ("heavenly bed," nice toiletries, etc.). Overall, and in spite of its being 20 minutes outside Philly, it was well worth the savings!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]