Hotwire Hotel: Chicago Hotels

111op
By 111op,
in

I'm trying to book a hotel for this Saturday night in Chicago.

Amenities are Fitness, Business, Restaurant, Hi-Speed Internet.

The Hotwire Tripadvisor rating = 3 filled circles out of 5.

I cross checked against the list here based on Amenities -- could be Ambassador East, Drake, Westein Michigan. When I pulled up their TA ratings, they all get 3.5 filled circles.

Am I missing something? Should the two ratings match?

Thanks.

For 9/2-(check out) 9/3, for 2 people, I see (picking a few out)

4 star, Mag Mile/Wacker Drive: Fitness/Business/Tennis/Spa, $148 (the price you see may vary slightly) Likely Swissotel.

4 star, Loop - Restaurant/Fitness/Hi-Speed - $185. Likely W City Center (this is 3 out of 5 on Tripadvisor.)

3.5 Star, Loop - Boutique/Fitness/Restaurant - $183. Likely Allegro.

The TripAdvisor ratings are dynamic and always changing, while Hotwire only 'downloads' them periodically... so there can (and often is) a difference in star rating when that star rating has changed since the last time Hotwire retrieved the information.

I think AaronJB answered your other questions, but if any remain (or any new ones come up) feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE link for any purchases you make.

Let su know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks very much for your help. The Swissotel option has been there since last week, but the price has been going up from $132 to $148.

Last Friday there was a $106 4* Loop option with 3 filled circles. I decided that it was probably Hilton Towers. Kicking myself for not booking, but I didn't realize that it'd be gone so quickly.

I've been trying Priceline, but no luck so far.

I'll wait and see, but I guess not for long.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]