Hotwire Hotel: ID help please

EduBoston
By EduBoston,
in

MY stay will be 9/16 to 9/18

the options hotwire offered are

-4 Stars in Chicago loop, and amenities are Fitness center, Restaurant and High Speed INternet, and rate is $216(retail $ 239)

-3.5-star hotel in North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast , and amenities are Boutique Hotel, pool , business center, Spa Services, fitness center, restaurant and High speed internet. Rate is $ 260(retail $289}

-4-star hotel in Magnificent Mile - Wacker Drive, and amenities are Fitness center, business center and restaurant and the rate is $256 (retail $ 317)

Does anybody can help to identify those hotels. Thanks.

The first hotel appears to be the W City Center.

Not sure about the second hotel, as I don't think it's ever been reported here. If I had to guess, I would say the Affinia, but that's a *big guess* - definitely not sure.

The 4* Mag Mile/Wacker Drive could be the Westin River North or the Hyatt with some amenities hidden. However, given the customer comments and tripadvisor rating in the details page, I would lean towards it being the Westin.

A tip (hopefully the moderator will be okay with the post of this, and please change the link of it can benefit betterbidding):

If you are interested in the W,

Visit this page:

http://chicago.destinations.starwoodhotels...00X250_1_072606

Click on the W City Center "book now" button. Search for 9/16-18, 2 people. KINGTUT should be in the special rate plan box on the same page (should already be there) before clicking search.

The rate that should come up is $219. The hotel's lowest reg. rate for those dates is $309 and the Hotwire price is only $3 lower.

This is the "King Tut" promotion, w/2 VIP tix to see "Tut" at the Field Museum.

The W promotion appears to be a price mistake. Moderator thereuare can hopefully offer some insight/input on whether or not he thinks it will be honored and what is the best way to proceed (I'd think the best thing to do would be to take a printout of the reservation to the hotel) if you do try to book it.

Regular rate thoughts (throwing out suggestions as I'm coming across them) around the price range of your Hotwire listings:

1. Whitehall (EasyClickTravel $160). Mixed reviews, but optimal location half a block from Michigan Ave. shopping and the Hancock Observatory.

2. Talbott (Orbitz.com, $229) Cozy, boutique-style hotel just down the street from the Whitehall.

3. Embassy Suites Downtown ($249) - Very nice Embassy Suites property in the River North area. Grocery store next door and subway station a block away. Free breakfast/evening reception.

3A. Embassy Suites Lakefront ($251; non-refundable) - Also a very nice Embassy Suites (and also across from a grocery store. Short walk to Michigan Ave. and Navy Pier. However, further away from a subway station.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]