Hotwire Hotel: 4* Quebec (Downtown) Hilton

Pia Rosetti
By Pia Rosetti,
in

OK, I previously posted for help with a Montreal hotel, but now I've decided to go ahead and drive out to Quebec City to have more time there (I'll be staying in Montreal for several days on the way back).

I'm looking at the 4* Hotel in Priceline (Quebec Zone), which I think must be the Loews Le Concorde. The best rate I can get from their website for those dates is 210CAD for a king on the middle floors. It appears other people have gotten this hotel for $95US - $98US. There are two other zones, neither of which have 4* hotels listed. What should my bidding strategy be? I would like to pay around $100US if possible.

Thanks!

Rates at the Loews are higher then when we've seen the mid-$90's accepted at that property so i'm not sure what your chances of success are.

Given your maximum bid i would bid as follows:

Select 4* Quebec...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Quebec and re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here's what I did:

1. Selected 4* and Quebec zone and bid $85. Rejected.

2. Got confused here and closed the window and re-opened (I skipped ahead a step in the instructions). I didn't really know how this affected things, so I selected 4* and Quebec zone and bid $90. Rejected because I already bid.

3. Added Beaupoint zone and bid $95. Rejected.

4. Added Sainte Foy zone and bid $100. Rejected.

In hindsight, I should have printed out the bidding instructions!

In any event, should I wait 24 hours and bid higher? Or should I just book the $121 hotel at hotwire that I think is the Hilton?

Thanks!

It's up to you how much you want to try for the Loews (which again, is more expensive than when we've seen previously accepted bids) vs. the Hilton.

The Hilton has previously been reported as a 3* on Priceline, so if you're comfortable with any 3* in the zone then you can try to beat the $121 price on Priceline (but realize you may not get the Hilton and can receive a different 3* property). If you would only want what you believe is the Hilton then you can just purchase it via HOTWIRE.

Please use our HOTWIRE link if you go that route.

Let us know what you decide to do or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No, I'm definitely not comfortable chancing getting another 3* hotel. I checked the reviews of both the Loews and the Hilton and they both seem pretty good, but I would be nervous trying with other hotels as possibilities. As I've seen you say to other posters, how much are you willing to pay to be sure?

Considering that the cheapest price I've found for either hotel is 211CAD ($188US), I'm happy with the $121US rate on hotwire. While I might be able to get the Loews at a price between $105 and $121 in 24 hours, I'm also taking the chance that the Hilton fills up and the Hotwire rate is not available.

Thanks for all your wonderful help! I'll post my results in Hotwire.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]