Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (NMA-Water Tower-Gold Coast) Tremont

tgb8504
By tgb8504,
in

I have read the rebidding link. Would like to pay $100 or less. Should I add the Midway Airport area? It appears not to have any 4* hotels. This makes me nervous because I really do not want to stay in that area. This is my first time bidding on PL. Thanks for the help!

You actually have two re-bid zones avaialble. It's up to you if you want to use them or not, but you shouldn't have any problems if you check your re-bid zones before each bidding cycle. Can you figure out the other re-bid zones (ie- also, DON'T use our hotel lists to determine your re-bid zones, if that's what you were using post back and we'll highlight the correct way to determine your re-bid zones)

When did you make the previously rejected bids (so that we know if we should continue on now with re-bid zones or wait 24 hours from your last bid and start fresh).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I checked the zones on PL website before placing first bid. Midway & Skogie areas did not show a 4*. I placed original bids less than 2 hours ago. My bidding history.

First attempt: $75 4* NMA $75 - rejected

added Loop at $85 - rejected

I exited PL website.

Second attempt: $90 4* NMA - was instructed by website I could not bid & needed to change something

added Skogie $90 - rejected

added Midway $100 - rejected

I really would rather stay NMA area, but the Loop is my second choice. Should I try again bidding on the Loop area or wait awhile?

Thanks again :)

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* NMA and Loop...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Under $90.

No back up reservations yet.

I see an $88 3* Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness on Hotwire in NMA - Water Tower - Gold Coast.

I believe it's the Tremont - don't really want to stay there(too many mixed reviews). I didn't see the Tremont listed as a PL 3*.

Too many 3* in the loop that I would rather not stay in.

It's my first trip to Chicago. My 17 year old daughter & I are planning a mother/daughter week (we're from a small mid-west town, don't get to the "big city" much & want it to be memorable - in a good way).

You don't need to wait 24 hours from your previous bid since you're lowering your star level.

One re-bid at the 3* level.

Select 3* NMA...

Bid $80.

If rejected wait 24 hours...

-repeat the 4* strategy above, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously, then...

Select 3* NMA...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90.

Good Luck.

I accessed Hotwire via Savingsbarn.com

Amenities: Boutique, Fitness, Restaurant

Thanks to this forum, I had identified this hotel as the Tremont. Although it has mixed reviews, I was tired of trying my luck at PL (several days of failed attempts up to the $100 a night range).

Thanks everyone for your help!!!! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]