Priceline Hotel: Chicago in July 3-5

sameer
By sameer,
in

Hi folks,

Myself and my wife will be traveling to Chicago on july 3rd, will be reaching there at around 10pm. We plan to vacate the room by about 8 am 5th of july. We have an exam near "Chicago Marriott O’Hare"

But we want the cheapest 2 star (and above) accomodation in a place which is near to any CTA station/Metra station.

And I wont be having a car.

Thanks a bunch

The criteria you want to set is not criteria you can select. Please start by reading I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire

You can only select a minimum star rating within a geographic area. I'd think that the Loop and NMA areas would get you close enough to the CTA, but isn't necessarily close to O'Hare. I'm not sure about the other areas/zones, although most ORD hotels could probably get you back to ORD (via hotel shuttle) and then take the Marriott's shuttle from ORD to their hotel.

Are you sure you want a 2* hotel?!?! If you're able to accept the above conditions let us know which zone(s) you're willing to bid? What is your budget?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As already mentioned, it's impossible to select a hotel near a Metra/CTA station. However, the majority of the downtown hotels are within reasonable walking distance of one. However, you would have less of a trip if you stayed in the Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park zone of Priceline (or the Loop area of Hotwire.) There's a 3 star hotel in the loop on Hotwire for $98 for 7/3-7/5, which is likely the Club Quarters Loop. As for using Priceline, I can't recommend bidding lower than 3* for the loop, as I believe the Hotel Blake may be a 2.5*, and there have been some sharply negative comments written about that hotel in recent months (it's also difficult to recommend 2.5* for River North/North Michigan Ave, due to the Tremont.) I could be wrong, but I would think that a bid in the neighborhood of $60-65 would be a low (but still reasonable) one for a 3* loop hotel for those dates.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]