Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (UES) Stanhope Hyatt

celedon
By celedon,
in

Just to clarify, you're not bidding on a specific hotel, you're bidding on a minimum star quality within a specific zone... if you're successful there are not guarantees that it will be at the Stanhope.

Well the rates for your date(s) seem to be a bit higher than when others on the board have won at bids of $118. I would definately try a bid of $118/nite.... but just prepare yourself that it may take a higher bid than that.

This is how i would proceed:

Select 4* and Upper East Side

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone and

Bid $130 (or $125 if you don't want to bid $130 since you have some time to try again before your stay)

If you're not familiar with re-bidding you can read about it here: Priceline Tip: RE-Bidding Explained

(you have one re-bid zone when bidding 4* in this area)

Feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding the above strategy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Correct, UWS is your re-bid zone since you can add that zone and not risk getting a hotel in that zone. All of the other zones offer 4* bidding, so if you add those zones you risk getting a hotel in that zone as well... so UWS is your only one re-bid zone.

Does that explain it?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That'll work :)

Glad it worked out for you!! I wasn't that optimistic when i saw the higher rates for your date, but just goes to show you that it pays to try!

Now it's time to go brag to everyone about your $305/nite hotel room that you only paid $118 for (you'll see how hard it is to keep your mouth shut!)

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]