Priceline Hotel: San Antonio Riverwalk 4* game plan

househuntress
By househuntress,
in

We've finally locked down our dates for the vacation.

In July 12 out July 16th. We need 4 (four) rooms in the riverwalk area. I'm trying to get something under $100.00 a night....which..by reading everything really seems to be too low of a price to get accepted. Should I bid on a 4* up to that price and add what zone? (Medical?) Would that be a safe bid zone? (I see they don't offer 4*)

OR........would it be better to try a 3* in the riverwalk for?????? what price?

We don't want to stay in anything below that, if we can help it.

Thanks to all that respond.

It looks to me like you really need to read over the help sections in here, otherwise you are going to end up with an expensive block of rooms in an area you don't want.

$100 for 4* seems to be tough, at least when I am checking for in June. maybe July will be easier because it's hot as &*$@(* down there. Plus, I'm not sure if you have a betetr chance with 4 rooms or not.

Here's what I would do.

As of a few minutes ago, there were free re-bids for Med Ctr, SAT airport, and east/NE/South. San Antonio West has some resorts. I highly doubt you would get a room at one of those places for under $100 but you might, so try at your own risk. if you did, it would probably be the greatest bargain ever and woth the stay. Anyway, I digress...

I'd do this...

4* Riverwalk -- 80

add a zone, 85 - add a zone, 90 - etc, etc... 95, 100, 105.

You can pick what price you start at and how high you are willing to go. I think that if you are going to $110, there might be a reasonable chance you get the rooms, but you never can know for sure.

I think "settling" for 3* may get you into your price range, just less flexibility with rebids and less certainty where you will end up.

First thing to do is to read and understand re-bidding, which is explained here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Let's start with that concept and we'll then take it from there. Please read the link above and ask any questions that you may have... once you have re-bidding under your belt we'll move forward with a strategy for your stay.

As well:

We will take a 3* as long as it's on the riverwalk
Can you accept a hotel anywhere in the zone as defined by Priceline... which may include areas not directly on the riverwalk?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare's advice is on the money. Speaking from experience, being on the riverwalk isn't a necessity (at least for most people...) Being within short walkign distance of the riverwalk certainly is.

Check hotwire and see what they have. 4* property (looks like Wyndham St. Anthony is up for June weekends now... for $137/night...)

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]