Burlingame, California 94010

Check-In Date: Fri, May 19, 2006

Check-Out Date: Sun, May 21, 2006

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $76.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $18.75

Total Charges: $94.75

Since Priceline won't accept anything lower than $40 when bidding 4-stars, can you confirm you were bidding the 3-star category, and then upgraded to 4 stars?

BEAV, where do you get rejected for attempting less than $40 with a bid for 4*? Because I am able to get to the last screen of the bid process without problem:

4 Star Deluxe Hotel, San Francisco Airport (SFO) Area

Check-In Date: Saturday, May 20, 2006

Check-Out Date: Sunday, May 21, 2006

Region: San Francisco, CA

City Area: San Francisco Airport (SFO)

Check-In Time: Guaranteed late night arrival

Check-Out Time: Check-out times vary by hotel

Room 1: dsfkj jlkjkdfd

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: US$38.00

Subtotal: US$38.00

Taxes and Service Fees: US$12.72

Total Charges: US$50.72

BEAV, where do you get rejected for attempting less than $40 with a bid for 4*? Because I am able to get to the last screen of the bid process without problem:

Priceline has established guidelines for minimum bid amounts they will accept for each star level. Off hand, I don't know what they are for 1, 2 & 2.5 star, but it's $25 for 3 star, $40 for 4 star and $55 for resort. This is buried somewhere on Priceline's website. When I have a little more time, I'll look around for it and post for you. That is not to say a specific hotel isn't free to establish their Priceline rates lower than the above amounts, as in this case with the Hyatt Regency.

In your example above, Priceline would have allowed you to follow through with the bid process, however returned with a rejected response.

The only way to be assigned a hotel for less than Priceline's minimum amount is to bid a lower quality level and get upgraded. Since the OP didn't mention this, I'm hoping he/she will return and confirm they were bidding the 3 star category.

Zbenye,

The thread below helps explain the minimum accepted bid amount per star level by Priceline.

Minimum bids per star level

Also, the post below is another example similar to this award at the Hyatt Regency. Had the poster not dropped down to 3* on their first rebid, he/she would not have been awarded the 4* Atlantis for $27.

Atlantis Reno

One more post where Thereuare and lowballer offer interesting comments about 4 star hotels setting rates less than Priceline's $40 minimum.

4* hotels setting Priceline rates lower than $40

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]