Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (White House-Downtown) Capital Hilton

icedancer
By icedancer,
in

I've bid the last 2 nights (through SavingsBarn), and have come up empty. The Madison and St. Regis are currently pricing out at $240/night. Other 4*s in the zone are in the $350-$375 range.

The first night, I started at $90 and used my free re-bids to go up to $105.

The second night, I started at $110 and used my free re-bids to go up to $125.

I've currently got a reserved room at the Madison for $239+ tax as a backup (no cancellation penalty), so I'm willing to bid pretty high. Any suggestions on where I should start next? I'd like to stick with the White House zone to be close to my meetings.

I'm assuming this trip will be happening regardless of your success on priceline; if so, let's handle the first half o your stay in this thread and please start a NEW TOPIC for the other dates of your stay.

At the 4* level you have three re-bid zones avaiable. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* White House-Downtown...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* White House-Downtown and re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* White House-Downtown and re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* White House-Downtown and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120.

I would try the above for your complete stay 5/29-6/2, if that fails then retry for the following dates:

5/29-6/1

5/29-5/31

If you fail for 5/29-5/31 then look to Hotwire where there is a 4* currently available in the White House-Convention Center zone for $125 (quite possibly the Sofitel, so hopefully the location of this property works out well for your plans)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Followed your instructions to a T (using the link on SavingsBarn) and got the Capital Hilton for $80 for 5/29-5/31, Yay! The location is perfect, as my meetings are at 15th and M. Should I post a separate thread for the win? I'll start a new thread for 5/31-6/2.

BTW, I started doing Priceline bidding with help from TOBB, and even after reading everything on the site, I didn't know that I could do the rebidding in the way you described. Your method gives you quite a bit more range with every attempt for a 4*.

One last thing -- on the confirmation page, it gives the option to extend my stay. What will happen if I try this? Is it going to reject, given that $80 was rejected for 5/31-6/2 earlier?

That's a great deal!

Glad this worked out well for you.

I would try the "extend your stay option"... as you point out, it's doubtful you'll be successful, but they may give you a counter-offer and that will add a bit of insight as to what you're up against price-wise and you can make a decision if it's worthwhile to pay up a bit in order to not have to change hotels.

No need to post this win as a new topic, we'll adjust the topic title now to reflect your winning bid details.

Enjoy (this leg of) your stay :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]