Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTE) Roosevelt Hotel

light_travel
By light_travel,
in

Hello, I am looking for some help in booking a 4* in the NYC area. My area choice areas would be MTW, UM/CP, MTE, these are in the order of choice. Would it be reasonable to be looking at a strategy landing a single room for MAX $130/night from May 11/06 - May 14th (3 nights)?

Thanks in advance for the strategy,

Based upon your $165 maximum bid this is how i would proceed...

You have two re-bid zones available when bidding 4* in NYC. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes. If the above is rejected, wait 24 hours and repeat, increase each bid by $5 which will bring you up to your $165 maximum.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think you would be successful for the weekend nites at amounts which you have already bid.

If you want to try it, i would repeat the above strategy ($120-$160) for the weekend dates; if successful we'll then take a closer look at the Thursday nite stay. If you want to try this, there is no need to wait for a 24 hour lock-out period to expires... since you change the dates, it's viewed as an entirely new bid.

Let us know if you try and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Still no luck, I have gone up to 180 for 4* using the above method and changed my dates. I have also tried a similar method for 3* going up to 165 and still no luck (using one rebid zone). Is there something going on that weekend or is priceline just cutting the amount of rooms they have available?

In any event i will continue to try the above method for a couple of more trys.

Regards,

I'm traveling your same exact dates and I gave up on NYC and went across the Hudson. I'm originally from NJ and I can tell you that staying in Jersey City is just as good if not better than Manhattan.

I can spend all day and night in NYC like everyone else and just sleep it off in NJ. That tiny PATH ride puts about $125 extra dollars in my pocket every day that I can use to buy $9 beers in NYC. :)

Here are my successful bids:

PRICLELINE Jersey City Hyatt Winning Bid #1

PRICLELINE Jersey City Hyatt Winning Bid #2

Persistence Finally Pays off, after shortening my dates I have Pinned the Roosevelt Hotel for 2 nights in MTE for a Price of $141/night from 05/12/06 - 05/14/06. Below is the strategy I used, slightly modified as I reduced from 4* to 3* with only I rebid area. I also opened up my locations to everything but the upper west side. I have pinned this hotel before a while back and remember it being in a great location and overall the stay was excellent.

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser

Select 3* MTE

Congratulations on your win... glad you stuck with it and the board was helpful in your success.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding :)

Please start a NEW TOPIC for the remaining nite of your stay and we will address that nite in that new thread.

Enjoy this leg of your stay!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]