Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City 10/6-10/10 $200/nt

denovo
By denovo,
in

Hello

I'd like to get a reservation via Priceline or Priceline Express Deals for my family (myself, wife and 14 yr old daughter) in New York City from Friday, Oct 6th - Tuesday, Oct 10th. I really don't want to deal with Hotwire, since I in my experience they're less ethical than Priceline.

Is that even possible? I know the Better Bidding search engine for PL or PLE only guarantees double occupancy. Any ideas, thoughts or strategies I should consider?

Looking at 4* or better.

Thank you in advance.

Charles

It's not our search engine that limits PRICELINE to double occupancy, it's PRICELINE who stipulates that all rooms booked are only for double occupancy.

My recommendation would be to use HOTWIRE to ensure occupancy for 2adults/1child (they have greatly improved over the 10+ years since the last time you reported a win to the board) or if you can find a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer that shows a 'Bed Choice' option and one of the choices shown is for a room configuration that will accommodate triple occupancy.  Note that your PRICELINE EXPRESS reservation will still technically only be for double occupancy, but i don't know of anyone who has yet had an issue when showing up with additional guests when booking a specific room type thru PRICELINE EXPRESS where the room type was designed to accommodate that number of guests.

Bidding on PRICELINE, or a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer where a bed choice is not shown, is not recommended for more than double occupancy in NYC as most nyc hotels have a high percentage of rooms with only one bed, little/no space for a rollaway (if the hotel even has them), and many hotels charge extra for rooms with 2 beds or more than double occupancy; if you're visiting a more family oriented place such as Orlando where the majority of hotel rooms are designed to accommodate families then the risk is substantially less, but the risk is much higher in NYC.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed and we will take it from there.

PS- if you've had any PRICELINE (or HOTWIRE) purchases in the 10+ years since your last post please begin to share your wins so that others can benefit from the information.  Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]