Priceline Hotel: Bidding help: Bangkok 3/3 and 3/4

pauillac
By pauillac,
in

I have tried various bids at the three, four and five star levels, with no luck so far. Any suggestions? My last rejected bids at each level:

Five stars: $85, all areas.

Four stars: $60, all areas.

Three stars: $45, Riverside and Siam.

Could it be that Priceline is out of inventory on the usual hotels (JW Marriott, Holiday Inn, etc) for those dates? If so, any other suggestions for getting a good deal for those two nights? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Holiday Inn Silom shows "no availability" for your dates according to www.ichotelsgroup.com. (Lucky you! - Would be well worth to go higher for 4star Riverside-Silom now.. just in case the Marriott Resort is still participating...); the Ramada Tawana (3star in RS) usually goes for higher rates than the Holiday Inn, according to my experience. Probably you have to go up to 55-60 US$ offer if you want the Ramada (but I assume there are better deals on alternative sites for the Ramada).

The prices for the standard room at JW Marriott seem a little bit higher than usual (160US$), so I assume you will have to go higher than 85$ in Priceline for that. I don't know about 4stars in Siam or Sukhumvit...you usually can get this category of hotels cheaper by alternative booking sites, wouldn't recommend that on Priceline. 5star in Siam (IC) is usually harder to get than 5star in Sukhumvit... Shangri-La hasn't shown up often anymore on Priceline as 5star Riverside/Silom... (or became more expensive).

Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]