FL Orlando Hyatt Regency Airport

ourmiraclechris
By ourmiraclechris,
in

This was my original post and my first hotwire booking!

Check in was a breeze! I guess we were treated just how full price customers are treated because it was very easy and they have our rooms to be side by side on the 9th floor. Awesome view overlooking the concourse. It was amazing.

The convienence of staying on site at the airport is fantastic. We booked this because we were doing a Disney Cruise the next day and it is so worth it. Having the vacation be less rushed is awesome! The pool on the roof was also really amazing! Very relaxing night I must say. Dining was disappointing. Since we have children we couldn't eat at their fine dining restaurant but ate at their "Grill" One I forgot the name but the selction wasn't great and the kids meals were hotdogs or PBJ sandwhiches. Really limited. We wound up eating there and then taking the kids for a second meal at McDonalds LOL. If we had did a little legwork prior to sitting down to eat we would have seen that there is a Macoroni Grill, TGI Fridays and a CHili's in the concourse. BUMMER!

Security is good too. You have to use you room key to get to any of the roomed floors by elevator. The only floors accessible to the general public were 5 (where the lobby check in is and the floor with the restaurants and bars. So that was nice to see.

The rooms are redone so they are beautiful inside. The hotel overall is older but I would definitely stay again. I am not sure I would give it 3 stars though. It seems to need more updating. There is no whirlpool by the pool although there are two areas for where it would be perfect. The pool iteslf is amazing. It is the no egdge type.

So definitely a thumbs up and a bargain if you book through hotwire!! :)

• 3 months later...

I see a previous poster also liked this hotel, but wondered whether it was "3 stars." To that, I say "HECK, YES!" In fact, I think this should properly be classified as a 4-star.

Everything about this hotel is top notch. First, the location. If you want to stay by the airport, you probably want to stay IN the airport, and it doesn't get closer than this -- right in the main terminal building. Total time from room to security line: probably 2 minutes. Sweet.

The only mild inconvenience is if you have a car. Parking is super convenient to the hotel (look for the airport signs to the Hyatt), but they charge guests $10/night. So, if you can, arrange your car rental pick up or drop off times to avoid keeping it overnight.

The rooms themselves are easily 4-star quality. Large, recently refurbished, stylish, high-thread count sheets, etc -- and you get great views of the runways or terminals (your choice). Surprisingly, I didn't hear any airplane noise, but occassionally a loud "conventioneer" would disturb my tranquility from the hallway.

Public spaces are also stylish and impressive. Helpful concierge will print your boarding passes so you don't even need to go downstairs.

I guess you are somewhat captive to the hotel/airport restaurants if you don't have a car (with a car, the Semoran strip is probably 5-10 minutes away). Orlando seems to be one of those "food ripoff" airports. I bought my kids a meal at Burger King, and the prices were higher than at Disney -- and I refused them a $3+ ice cream cone next door. So be prepared on that front. Otherwise, you can't do better than to "win" this hotel.

• 3 years later...

We'll be staying at this hotel and I'll post pics and a review, but I wanted to note here that Orlando has one of the best mass-transit systems I've come across (mostly buses, but they run constantly, especially from the airport. I'm from Orlando - lived there from 1972-1995 and go back frequently to visit family.) If you wanted to take a bus down Semoran to a restaurant, it would be very easy to do so - plus convenient and cheap. I'm sure the concierge would help arrange the details.

All the best,

Danielle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]