Houston IAH Midsize Budget

borisbear
By borisbear,
in

Tried bidding rental cars for the first time.

Bid compact car at $20. Rejected. Upped it to $25. Rejected. Upped to $30 changed to midsize. Accepted by Budget.

Tried to scam my "Fastbreak" number into the reservation (as this is one of those "choice" locations where you can pick which car you want). No dice. Tried again at the counter and she clearly had no intention of giving me anything.

No line at the counter when I got there. Got a bit of hassle at the counter (I usually do the fastbreak things so I usually am spared most of this)--all the BS about "so you'd like all the insurance, right?" "can I interest you in a full-size for only $20 more a day" and such.

That said, everything else went fine--we'll see when the bill is totted up upon return. Wound up with a Chevy Malibu.

Probably wouldn't do PL for cars again as the regular budget rate was about $42 a day and saving the hassle at the rental car counter would have been worth it. Live and learn.

Your Rental Car Receipt

Pick-Up/Drop-Off: George W. Bush Intl Airport

Rental Car Company: Budget

Car Class: Mid-size (unlimited mileage)

Pick-Up Date: Monday, January 30, 2006

Drop-Off Date: Thursday, February 2, 2006

Your Offer Price: $30.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 3 days (2 days and 21 1/2 hours)

Subtotal: $90.00

Taxes and Fees: $41.70

Total Charges: $131.70

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]