Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (WDW) Gaylord Palms

bantha23
By bantha23,
in

This is our second stop on our long family vacation coming up. We're ready to start booking some hotels and we'd like to be close to Disney World itself. Our typical minimum star rating is 3 and we're hoping to spend approx. $100/night. Not sure if that's realistic in Orlando. Any tips?

Brian

The problem this bidder may have is that his/her days are smack dab in the middle of the Easter vacation week. Judging by the rapidly rising airfares and reports of booking difficulties, Florida seems set to have a banner tourism season this year. Which means deals could be lean. That said, I would be far more optimistic that something will come up in Orlando than in, say, South Beach.

The problem is that the best Orlando deals are at the last minute (within, say, 2 or 3 weeks of travel). For instance, we saw some spectacular deals come up during X-mas week. Given that your travelling during a peak week, I would make the best fully REFUNDABLE reservation you can find (and look for new deals every few weeks) and then wait. It's soooo hard to wait, but for Orlando you really have to. When it's less than a month, start bidding. Low ball at first, and then raise your bids 2 weeks prior (but still significantly below your existing reservation). Look to see if anyone else is finding deals around your travel days.

As another poster noted, it's quite possible to get a fancy Orlando resort for less than $100 if you get a little lucky. That same luck would get you a 3 star for under $50.

If there's a 3* that's nice and is accessible to Disney World then I don't mind saving the bucks as some of the hotels we've got pegged as we move up the coast are going to be well in excess of $100.

FYI, we are taking a 30 day trip starting in Ft. Lauderdale (got flight already) and ending in Boston. We'll be staying in Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, Savannah, Myrtle Beach, Williamsburg, DC, Philedelphia, Niagara Falls, Cooperstown, upper NH, Deer Isle, Maine, then down to Boston and fly back out to Vegas (again, got a great flight through Jet Blue). Would like to average approx $100 - $130 per night stay.

I'd start with the PRICELINE HOTEL LIST and see if all of the 3* hotels in that list are acceptable to you. You could always receive a new hotel to the list, but this area is bid often enough that i would consider the list to be a very good representation of what is avaiable in the area. Even if a new hotel was to appear, the other 3* properties on the list should give you a fair indication of what to expect at the 3* level.

If acceptable, we can then suggest a strategy to try based upon your specific dates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the resort level you have nine re-bid zones. If you''re not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort WDW....

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

EXCELLENT!!

This is one of the more desirable Resort hotels in the area. If i recall correctly, you're traveling with kids, who will simply have a great time at this property... it typically gets great reviews.

Thanks for using the SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

If you want to spend $100 on a room in Orlando, the Gaylord seems to be the best place to spend it. An excellent deal, as room rates generally begin above $200 there. And the hotel gets consistently good reviews.

It's certainly somewhat surprising to me that the hotel would choose to "give away" their Easter-week inventory this early (as I mentioned before, most Orlando hotel deals are in the last 4 weeks), but that may be a function of their clientele. I think this resort relies heavily on conventions to fill their rooms, and Easter week is an off-time for conventioneers. So it worked out perfectly for you. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]