Priceline Hotel: 4* Hotel Downtown Miami

pattycake
By pattycake,
in

I like some of the other posters would like to stay at the Intercontinental in Miami.  5 Years ago I stayed there bidding on Hotwire & the IC was chosen for me  & 3 years ago stayed again at the IC using Priceline's name your own price. I know the 2 four star hotels in the area are the Hyatt & the IC.  I only need a 1 night pre-cruise stay in the middle of August 2015.  Do you think I would have a better chance on successfully bidding and getting the IC if I started the bidding process now or should I wait a few weeks/months.  I'm not exactly sure how the rooms in the hotels are divied out, is it a crap shoot or do they somehow look at each hotel and see how many rooms each one has left and then whichever has the most rooms to spare is the hotel awarded to the bidder?      

Please post your dates for this stay.

If your plans are firm so why not take a chance and start with the bidding now.

There's no way to say if the rates will go up or down. Everything is about supply and demand. But if your date is a big departure date in Miami would I get on it now.

If you really would like the Intercontinental so take a look at HOTWIRE and see if they have any hotels offered for your date that looks like it may be the hotel you are hoping for.

I'm not exactly sure how the rooms in the hotels are divied out

It's a combination of an algorithm and rates that the hotels load to the PRICELINE system. So even if the InterContinental has more empty rooms than 'Hotel X', there no guarantee that you'll be awarded InterContinental.

But please post your the actual date of your stay and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

I've seen some say they have used coupon code promotions for Hotwire/Priceline.  Are you able to put in the coupon code before you actually bid or hit enter or is this done after you find out which hotel you  have won.  Also, where do you get the codes from?  Does anyone have codes to share?  Sorry, I do not have a smart phone.  Thanks so much. 

If the Board Administrators know of any, they will appear as red in their signature lines.

Sometimes codes are sent to you from HW/PL.  

Sometimes they show up in your profile on Priceline under My Rewards.  

Sometimes other kind souls (members) will post ones they've found in the Bonus Money Opportunities area HERE on Betterbidding.

They used to be much more common.  They are fairly rare now.  

When they've been emailed to me or showed up in my My Rewards, usually I have been bidding unsuccessfully for a while.  They tend to be complimentary things like a break on auto rental when I've been bidding for a hotel.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]