Priceline Hotel: Maui Feb. 20-22

saja
By saja,
in

Hi. This is my first time here. I have always been really lucky with Priceline for San Diego, LA, and Orlando, but this is my first time trying it for Hawaii--and it is working out badly. I am trying to get two rooms in either Wailea or Kaanapali Feb. 20-22. That must be super peak season or something. When I look at Hotwire, there is no availability whatsoever in Wailea, and the prices for Kaanapali are $474 for a 4.5 hotel. How can that even be cheaper than the regular hotel website? Anyway, I keep trying Priceline and keep getting rejected. Does anyone know, is it harder to get two rooms than one on Priceline? Is my trouble the no. of rooms or the time of year? How high do you think I have to go on Priceline to get two rooms in Wailea for these dates?

P.S. Like the maps you have posted on this site. Can we get some info for Hawaii?

Yes, you are trying for "super peak season." I think it's going to take a miracle on priceline -- of course miracles do happen, but rarely. In the meantime, it's time to do some serious research regarding conventional hotel options or a b&b stay, etc. I'd call Aston/ResortQuest and Outrigger and see if they'll give you the 50% off Entertainment Card discount. I'd also see if I could find a nice b&b, maybe with a cancellation (I don't think you're staying long enough for a rental property).

Good luck, and get busy!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]