Priceline Hotel: Need Help Bidding - New to all this

syke
By syke,
in

Hi there,

I am looking to book a hotel in Toronto for Friday November 21st (the Wine & Food expo is in town).

As this is the first night away from our toddler and newborn, we definitely want to make the most of it.

So fellow bidders, how can I lock in a bid for a nice luxurious retreat in downtown Toronto - preferably close to the Metro Convention Centre - financial/entertainment district!

Where do I start, what do I do, etc etc etc

Thanks in advance,

syke

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

A few notes/questions:

1. Hot.wire is a little more expensive than bidding, but one can often make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing based on information given. On Price.line, if you bid for a particular star rating and zone, you have to be willing to accept ANY hotel at that star rating in that zone.

2. What would be your desired budget per night for this stay? What would be your desired star rating?

3. Which zone/s would be acceptable? As noted above, you have to be willing to stay anywhere with the selected zone.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi!

Desired budget maximum $150.00 ...  ideally as high a star as possible, would not mind a bit of luxury in life right now.

Room with a nice view, pool ... a quick one night getaway.

I think Toronto Downtown - financial/entertainment district - for Priceline I just checked it is #5 Downtown Toronto Southwest - Entertainment & Financial District

and for Hotwire - Downtown Toronto South - Waterfront

I want to be walking distance to the Expo which as at FRONT ST & UNIVERSITY AVE.

I appreciate the response!

=)

I'm seeing what appears to be the The King Edward Hotel, the One King West Hotel and Residence, and the Renaissance all within the $100-$120 range... OR if you're willing to accept any 4* hotel within PRICELINE's Downtown Southwest zone i think you may be able to get a 4* hotel a little under $100/nite.

You can also try searching our sister site maps.hotels which will show you hotels near almost any address in the world, and the interface makes it very easy to see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is no guarantee of pool unless it is specifically listed as one of the guaranteed amenities when you click the star rating and zone during the bidding process. Not all 4* properties are the same, some may not be everyone's cup-of-tea, some get better reviews than others, etc etc. 

Additionally, view is also not a guarantee. The hotel may be situated in a spot where there isn't much in the way of views (especially in a densely built major city) and if view is an upgrade, rooms purchased via the discount services understandably are not eligible for upgrades, given the discounts. You can ask at check-in and they may say yes, but no guarantees.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If you click on Priceline Hotel List Canada directly below here on the bottom of this page, you will be taken to that page.  Then click on Toronto and Downtown Southwest.  You can see the seven 4* hotels members have reported here as getting via Price.line bidding.  If you want to pursue it further, you can check both the Hotel Reviews area at the very end of this site, and www.tripadvisor.com to get more information on those hotels.  

I'd guess all the hotels will have reviews on TripAdvisor, but it is possible not all of them will have reviews on this site.  It is worth looking in both areas, as the perspective of people getting a bargain rate via Priceline bidding can be quite different from people paying more.

Of course it is always possible to get a different hotel as yet not reported, but this process will give you a good general idea of the range of products. 

Romelle

When bidding on PRICELINE you have TEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown Southwest-Financial-Entertainment...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95

If the above is rejected, you can take this 4 Star Downtown Priceline Express (confirm your date on the landing page) for $98/nite.

Any questions feel free to ask (especially regarding re-bidding and confirming your re-bid zones if you're new to the subject matter)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]