Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Sofitel

ptownjab
By ptownjab,
in

Welcome!

This has been discussed in the General Hotwire Tips section:

You can see the reported Hotwire hotels in our Hotwire Hotel List

This is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Hotwire offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Hotwire all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time. As well, the geographic boundaries of an area are subject to change, so it's always a good idea to look at the Hotwire map before purchasing.

Ideally, I'd be at the Hilton Time Square, I love that hotel but don't want to pay the retail price ($288 Net Direct) I was quoted.

Can someone offer some assistance how I can get a 4* NYC-MTW room for 2/18/06-2/20/06 (2 nights)?

I bid $125 and it was rejected. Priceline said I can't bid again for 72 hours unless I change the area....I really want to be in Time Square as it will be my girlfriend's (soon to be fiance) first time in NYC.

Help Please! :)

Jeff

On Priceline you are bidding on a particular star level, not a particular hotel. To learn more about priceline, check the following posts:

I've never used Priceline or Hotwire

and

Don't bid higher on a specific hotel

Since NYC is fairly small and the subway covers the city, would you be willing to stay in other areas, such as MTE or UM-CPS, or are you only willing to stay in MTW? Hotels in MTE are usually less expensive than MTW.

I bid $125 and it was rejected. Priceline said I can't bid again for 72 hours unless I change the area
We need more information about your previous bid to assist you. What was the star level and area of your first bid? Was it 4* $125 for MTW??

In order to bid again during the 72 hours you will need to learn what areas in NYC are free rebid areas at the 4* level. You should be able to locate the 2 areas after reading Bidding again before 72 hours.

We'd also need to know what is the most you'd be willing to spend on a hotel. Check the travel websites to get an idea of regular rates to make your decision. As an example, Hotwire has a 3.5* in Times square for $194 for your dates, so bidding $125 likely won't have success at the 4* level. Without this information, we may suggest prices too low or high for your dates.

Please don't double post... keep all posts for this stay in this thread; if you end using Hotwire we'll then move it to that section of the board.

Are you willing to accept any hotel at that star level in the zone you bid... or are you only willing to accept the Hilton Times Square?

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly. If you have to book direct, please use our HILTON link to begin your purchase, which you can also find in our SUPPORT PAGE.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, I didn't intentionally double post. My questions started out as a Hotwire question, then morphed into a Priceline questions. All that aside......

My $125 bid was for a 4* in NYC-MTW.

I'd like a 4* hotel in MTW 2/18/06-2/20/06 (checkout). I know I can't specify which hotel I want at Priceline, but I didn't know if all of your experience with this stuff had led you on to tips & tricks with regard to getting specific hotels.

Yes, the Hilton Time Square is where I want to be....if I can't be there I'll live. But, MTW is essential.

To help, we'll need to know your maximum bid amount... no sense in suggesting a strategy that goes higher than you want to bid.

Not sure of your reason for only wanting the MTW zone... for a first time visitor usually the MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS zones are all acceptable for the typical tourist as they all pretty much provide easy access to mass transit and the 'usual' sites.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]