Priceline Hotel: Need help March 9-12

wiggum
By wiggum,
in

I'm going to Vegas on March 9-12 and the Aladdin is currently offering $79 for the Thursday night. From what I can tell, Hotwire is offering Paris on the Friday and Saturday for $224 a night. I would like to get Aladdin for the Fri. and Sat. nights. Where should I start bidding if I use PL, or should I wait and see if Hotwire will change to the Aladdin sometime? I've been looking at this weekend for 6 months now and prices keep climbing (NASCAR).

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you only interested in the Aladdin for Friday and Saturday nite? Are you looking to stay at the Aladdin because of your deal there on Thursday nite, or is this your hotel of choice? Are you willing to stay someplace else for the three nites? Are you willing to stay at the Aladdin on Thursday and then a different hotel for the remaining two nites?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would be interested in staying somewhere else but I want to be at the same place for all 3 nights. I figured with the $79 Thursday it would bring down my total cost for 3 nights. This weekend is pretty pricey already and getting a cheaper Thursday would help. Open to suggestions of other places or ideas...

If you must stay at the same hotel for the entire stay, i'm not sure why you're considering Priceline for Friday and Saturday nite, as there is no way to target or guarantee receiving the Aladdin thru Priceline.

Where are you seeing the Aladdin for $69... as their website is showing $189 for the nite of 3/9/06. What rates are you seeing for the balance of your stay at the Aladdin?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Saw the $79 offer thru their website with the code: CSPRG6

When I called the reservations office they quoted $499 for Friday and Saturday nights. Should I book the Thursday and wait until I see the Aladdin on Hotwire or another site (currently other sites are at $3-500) . Sorry if this post is misplaced, maybe needs to be moved to the Hotwire forum?

Those rates (nearly $500/nite) indicate that they are experiencing high demand and therefore you will not likely find this property to come up thru the opaque providers.

For that rate for 3/9 i would consider changing hotels during my stay, but if you're not willing to do that, i think that the chances of your finding a 'reasonable' rate at the Aladdin for Friday and Saturday are very low.

For example, you could stay at The Mirage for $700/total for your 3 nites... which would be better than your total rate at the Aladdin. If you only wanted Friday and Saturday at the Mirage it would cost you $279/nite.

Another option i just found is booking the Monte Carlo for an average of $198/nite.

The Luxor is also an option at $175/nite, although i think i'd sooner spend the extra $25/nite for the Monte Carlo due to its location.

I'm sure there are a few possibilities such as the above, but the point you should take away is that if you're not willing to split your bid, the low price for one nite becomes a moot point if the other nites are drastically overpriced.

Is the Monte Carlo above a good option? What is your expected budget for the 3 nites?

Rates in Vegas can move fast (both up and down)... if you are interested n the Monte Carlo above i would reserve it as it is cancellable up until 3 days before yoru check-in date. Then you can continue to try other sources; as well, if rates go down you can always change your plans, but if they go up, at least you are 'protected' and will have locked in the lower rate.

As I went to check on the Monte Carlo today (easyclicktravel.com) , a hotel came up for $220 for Fri. and Sat. night which had to be the Aladdin so I jumped on it, and took the $79 Thurs promo. Total for 3 nights - $567 taxes in. I'm happy I got a good hotel with nice rooms (stayed there before) and good location. Thanks for your help thereareu.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]