Priceline Hotel: 4* Sacramento (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

lcf76
By lcf76,
in

I'm trying to get a hotel downtown in Sacramento checkin 1/27/06, out on 1/29/06: 2 nights.

The wedding party is staying at the Hyatt Regency for $118+tax wedding party rate. I am bidding 4* to get Hyatt or Sheraton downtown for less.

Started with $55 for DT

Upped to $60 for DT + Free rebid

Upped to $62 for DT + Free rebid

Upped to $66 for DT + Free rebid

Upped to $68 for DT + Free rebid

Upped to $70 for DT + Free rebid

stopped and thought I'd post.

I am hoping for a deal in the $60-$75 range for a 4* (I'm very attached to 4*).

Any thoughts on how I can get this?

--Laura

I'm certain you can beat the $119 wedding rate, but it may not be as much as you'd like.

This is how i would bid based upon your already rejected bids:

Select 4* Sacramento Downtown...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:)

I've re-bid for the Sacramento hotel this morning and was rejected on all of these bids:

$60

$65

$70

$75

$80

$85 (and secretly I was hoping $85 would be rejected because I wanted a better deal)

Grrr. Does anyone think the prices will drop closer to the date (checkin 1/27, checkout 1/29)? I'm going to put a hold on the wedding rate (just in case) and then cancelit if Priceline comes through.

If anyone has any suggestions or insight to why I'm failing on my bids, I'd appreciate the help.

:)

Well, I won my bid but not with the ideal price. The winning bid was $95 at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento, 1/27-1/29.

Here's the play by play:

$65 rejected

$75 rejected

$80 rejected

$87 rejected

$90 rejected

$95 accepted.

The good news is that the rest of the wedding party is at the Hyatt so we won't be left out. We are saving $23/night over the wedding rate at $118/night. It looks like PL charges about a service fee (above 12% tax) so our overall savings will be $37 total.

I guess that's not too bad, I was just hoping for better.

--Laura

Glad to see you finally get this resolved.

I would imagine, as speculated above, that the wedding (and other potential events at the hotel), are taking up any excess inventory and the hotel had little reason to discount substantially.

Enjoy your stay and have fun at the wedding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]