Priceline Hotel: Boutique San Francisco (USE) Galleria Park

lcf76
By lcf76,
in

We're trying to hit SFO for Sept 29-Oct 2 for the Bluegrass Festival at Golden Gate Park. We want to stay nearby the park but the public transportation is pretty good all over downtown/wharf etc so it doesn't have to be walkable. Can members of this forum suggest the best bids for a 4* in these areas for 9/29-10/2?

I'd like to stay in either of the Union Square zones, the Wharf area or Cathedral Hill (which I don't think has a 4*. I'm not super familiar with San Francisco but I do know that the Public transportation is extensive so as long as there is an easy route to Golden Gate Park, we're cool with staying a few miles away (maybe 2-4 miles away from the park). Last time I was there I bought a hotel from Expedia for $110/night (Argent-Downtown). I couldn't find a deal like that on Expedia today so I thought I'd Priceline it. I'm cool with a budget of anything lower than $110 a night but of course, I'd like to get the best bang for my buck. So, if you have a feeling I can get a 4* hotel at USE for $65 but it will be $90 anywhere else, that's what type of info I'm looking for. I'm not in a giant hurry because I have 4 months before we depart but I thought I'd start researching now.

I think you have a good chance at being successful under you limit... are you ready to bid now or are your plans not yet firm?

Also, are you familiar with and understand PRICEILNE RE-BIDDING? If not please read the previous link and feel free to ask questions.

Let us know regarding both of the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 months later...

We ended up winning bidding on a boutique USE downtown, Galleria Park. Unfortunately, I don't remember the details of the bid but we won at $82.

The hotel wasn't that great. I've stayed right around the corner at the Argent before and it was very nice. The Galleria Park was a bit older, a bit rundown. The first night, they put us in a room with a single double bed. I was very annoyed. I didn't think this was allowed by Priceline but apparently it is. I called down to complain but they were full so they couldn't move us. They did agree to move us the next morning after folks checked out of the King Bed room next door so that was good. They did have free wine around 5pm every night so we liked that and they had free internet access and shared computers in their tiny lobby.

We had a great time at the Bluegrass Festival...lots of enjoyable acts.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]