Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW) Renaissance Stanford Court

lookup
By lookup,
in

I am trying to get 6 nights at a *4 in San Francisco in December. My wish is to have 3 nights in USE area and 3 nights in USW area. Below was my first attempt in the USE area - (fingers crossed for the Hyatt Regency). No luck so far. My bids seem to be in line with other bidders wins! :)

Bid #1: $65 USE - rejected

Bid #2: $70 added free rebid (cathedral hill) - rejected

Bid #3: $75 added free rebid (civic center) - rejected

Bid #4: $77 added free rebid (south san fran) - rejected

Check-In Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Check-Out Date: Friday, December 16, 2005

thank-you - i will try $80 tomorrow.........

zzi

I regret adding USW! :) i had the three days to wait and try again! i know that that Nob Hill is no joke! She is STEEP!! Though who knows what adventure awaits me at this new hotel i have not stayed at before. :)

My bidding strategy was as follows: 4* San Francisco (USE) Hilton

Bid #1: $78 USE - rejected but PL counteroffered at $22 more.

Bid #2: $80 USE added free rebid (cathedral hill) - rejected

Bid #3: $85 USE added free rebid (civic center) - rejected

Bid #4: $87 USE added free rebid (south san fran) - rejected (see below)

Bid #5: $85 USE & USW added free rebid (added USE area) - ACCEPTED (see below)

Check-In Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Check-Out Date: Friday, December 16, 2005

Your Offer Price: $85.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $255.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $46.36

Total Charges: $301.36

I am still new.....i got cocky!

But since the previous poster paid $87.00 for the same hotel, why do you think it i overbid at $85.00?

Or more importantly how could i have better approached it?

I am now going to bid for Dec. 16-Dec. 18th same area of San Francisco USE and USW preferably not on Nob Hill? Any advise how to test both USE and USW area's.

You'll need to update and re-validate your email account with the board as your old email address is no longer valid.

You can do this thru the MY CONTROLS link near the top of the board under the Blue Banner... of if you have trouble send us an email requesting the change, but the email must be from the account you want the email address changed to.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, thereuare, i hope to have remedied the e-mail problem. I have the same questions,

can you tell me why the previous poster paid $88.00 for the same hotel, but you thought i overbid at $85.00?

Now going through http://www.savingsbarn.com I am now going to bid on PRICELINE for a hotel for Dec. 16-Dec. 18th same area of San Francisco USE and USW preferably not on Nob Hill. Any advise how to test both USE and USW area's. Can you tell me how to best approach this in contrast to my last approach?

Thank-you for your help.

A winning bid at a hotel for dates that are different than you own may or may not be meaningful to your own stay.

To give an example... the SuperBowl is in Detroit this year. So let's say that a user is able to win a hotel for SuperBowl weekend for $200/nite. You bid for a month later... should you use their $200 bid as a basis for your own bidding... obviously not. It's an extreme example, but one that i think proves the point.

Please start a NEW TOPIC for your upcoming stay so that it doesn't get confused with this one and we will also be able to reflect the win in the topic title of the new thread.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]