Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile Area - River North) Doubletree Mag Mile

Citygal
By Citygal,
in

Would love to see if I could land upon a great deal for the above two nights in downtown Chicago via "Express Deals."  Desire 4* if possible, but I do see one on Express for 3.5* and that may be just fine too.  Would love to be in the core area, rather than near Union Station, or way down by the lake.  We do love the former Hotel 71 (now Wyndham), Hyatt, and Renaissance -- all on Wacker, and the new Godfrey.  Any of those would be lovely.  Would love to duplicate the approximate rate of $80/night we just paid at the Godfrey.  :)  Does anyone have any tips for me on current Express listings for those dates?

Thanks so much!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

If you need assistance with a PRICELINE EXPRESS listing, please provide the full details of the listing as showing (price, star rating, zone, amenities) and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID. However, it's not always possible to narrow the express deals listings down to one particular hotel. Are the above hotels a must, or would you be interested in something similar in the desired area/s?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you so much.  I'm new to this site...love it!  The hotel I'm most curious about is actually in the Hotwire listing as a 4 star Mag Mile North -- WT area, for $83 for my dates of 4/30 and 5/1.  Said 75% recommend and Amenities say:  Internet access, fitness center, restaurant(s), Business Center, & self-service laundry.  Curiously, when I clicked ahead a bit, a window popped up and said something like, "Hurry and don't let it get away...the last person who booked this got the Allerton."  So basically, even though it's a "secret hotel" were they pretty much telling me it was the Allerton?  (Not sure I'm interested in that hotel.)

Also, I was interested in a 4 star, Mag Mile - River North, 90% recommend, pet friendly, indoor pool(s), smoke free, fitness, pool(s), restaurant(s), Business Center, & internet access listed for $102.

Lastly, there's a 3.5 star via Hotwire listed as Mag Mile - River North, for $74.  90% recommend, with Internet access, pool(s), fitness center, business center, & restaurant(s).  

Any guesses or comments for me?

Thank you!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For the HOTWIRE hotels. I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities, as well as the price, in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

83.00USD

Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access

74.00USD

Magnificent Mile Area - River North

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access

$101USD

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

***These are the 3 that look most reasonable for our budget.  I think the first two listings are too vague to guess, but you guys are the experts!   :)  Thank you for any help you can provide.  Much appreciated and thank you to all who are helping me!

Mary

Is this a 2 nite stay (4/30-5/2) or a one nite stay of just 4/30? Also, please include the star ratings in your future posts... i guessed at the star ratings based upon the room rate and amenities vs. what was appearing on my own HOTWIRE search for your dates:

83.00USD

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access

--> is this 4* rated? If so, do you also see a PET FRIENDLY amenity associated with this one??

74.00USD

Magnificent Mile Area - River North

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access

--> is this one 3.5* rated? If so, my guess would be the Doubletree Mag Mile

$101USD

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

--> 4* rated? If so, my guess would be the Public Chicago

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know regarding the first property if you want us to look at that one... otherwise let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes...2 nights 4/30 and 5/1.  Sorry, I did put the star ratings in a previous post, but neglected to do it again.  

Yes, the first property was a 4-star, second one a 3.5, and last one another 4 star.  My guess for the last one is the Public as well.  

On the first property, I copied and pasted exactly as I saw the amenities so likely pet friendly wasn't there.  

The Public is a renovated historic property that was formerly the Ambassador East (which was a legendary property for visiting celebrities for many years.) I will note that the Public is at the very tip top of this zone. This can be viewed in one of a couple of ways:

Positive: The Gold Coast area has a more "neighborhood" feel, as well as a lot of restaurants and nightlife. There is a subway stop right nearby and you can walk North (although it's a bit of a trek) to Lincoln Park/LP Zoo and Old Town. The Public is on a high-end residential street so while there's a lot of nightlife nearby, you're not going to likely hear a lot of noise.

Negative: If you want to step out right in the middle of the city, this is not a central location.

I'd guess the 3.5* Mag Mile is likely the Doubletree (great location, about what you would expect from a Doubletree in terms of the hotel.) The 4* Mag Mile-Water Tower could be a number of different properties as these are common amenities - the Allerton, Drake, Hyatt Mag Mile, Knickerbocker, Whitehall and Westin Michigan Ave have been seen with this amenity set.

The potential Public would be a very nice option but not centrally located, while the Doubletree would be closest to the river and the other hotels you mention in the first post.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

I appreciate your comments on the "Public" and I was actually thinking myself that it was a tad too far north for my liking.  

I may take my chances on the $74, Mag Mile, 3.5 star being the Doubletree.  I think that would suit us well.  I read some reviews and they're basically good.   I'll let you know and thanks again, everyone! 

Congrats on your success. :)

Great deal for this property and glad you are pleased with the win. Please let me know if you have any Chicago questions.

I'd try to ask for a higher floor room at this property in order to potentially get a decent view of the surrounding area.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]