Hotwire Hotel: New Orleans - Recommended Area ?

Momma Joe
By Momma Joe,
in

Travelling to New Orleans on business in May, staying a few extra days for personal vacay.

Which of the following areas of New Orleans should I select when booking on Priceline / or Hotwire (via your links of course :-) , given that I'm a first time visitor and want to see as much as I can:

1. French Quarter or
  2. Downtown or
  3. Garden District

I would be booking a 3 or 4 star

I've started my search , on first pass of the "French Qtr" area , I have located the following on HOTWIRE, please identify :

4* Two nights May 7-9 $124CAD/night French Quarter / Canal Street area

Amenities

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Accessibility

Accessible for the blind

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

3* Two Nights (May 7-9) $86 CAD /night French Quarter / Canal Street area

Amenities

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Pool(s)

Thanks for your help !

Momma Joe

For the average visitor, French Quarter or Downtown usually work out well. Some of 'downtown' can be a little bit of a walk to the French Quarter area, but it's certainly do-able (although if you end up in the zone further from the French Quarter you may want ot consider taking a cab at nite back to the hotel if you feel that you're traveling on streets that are not populated with many other people)

For the 3* hotel above, I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

For the 4* hotel are you still seeing this one on your HOTWIRE search, as i'm not seeing this offer when searching for your dates... if you are still seeing this property, are you searching for more than one room or something other than the default 2adults/0children?

Lastly, please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your valued assistance.

I did as suggested and used the BiddingHelper.com tool... clicked on the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab ,and green button for the full amenities info.

Using the BiddingHelper.com tool , within the Hotwire Easy View tab, I found the following

3.5* French Quarter / Canal Street area for May 7-9 Rate USD $114 per night

Trip Advisor rating of 4/5

and 85% recommended by Hotwire customers

Amenities include:

FULL AMENITIES: Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

The only 4* showing on HOTWIRE in the French Qtr is now USD $163/night

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access

My preference would be the 3.5* for USD$114/night

Please identify these properties.

Thanks for your help.

Momma Joe

My guess for the 3.5* would be the Dauphine Orleans or the Hotel Provincial.

For the 4* there are lots of hotels that this could be, including the Astor Crowne Plaza, Hotel Monteleone, Omni Royal Orleans, Sheraton, or Marriott, or the Westin at Canal Place, and any of these would be among the likely possibilities.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]