Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Philadelphia (Airport PHL) Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport

spp
By spp,
in

I've tried bidding and rebidding a 3.5 stars hotel for the following area (11/9-11/11):

Convention center -- up to 86

Rittenhouse -- up to 86

University area -- up to 88

historic district -- up to 86

city line -- up to 86

Will try again in 24 hours...

hotwire indicates that there's 3.5 stars hotel for 94/night, so I'm not sure why priceline is not budging

Have you tried to ID the HOTWIRE property to ensure that it's 3.5* rated on PRICELINE as well... confirming that you're comparing apples-to-apples?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

without actually booking (the only way HOTWIRE will reveal the specific hotel), it states

Our 3.5-star hotels include:

Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts

Sheraton Hotels & Resorts

Embassy Suites Hotels

DoubleTree by Hilton

Wyndham Hotels & Resorts

Crowne Plaza and Hilton city ave are the ones listed in the priceline hotel list.

Our 3.5-star hotels include:
(emphasis added)

The hotels listed are not a finite list of possibilities and are a generic list of hotels that HOTWIRE uses at that star rating. We have seen examples where the chain listed doesn't even have any hotels in the zone. Don't use this information to try to determine the hotel offered.

For example, do a HOTWIRE search for Las Vegas and choose the 5* Strip North zone. It lists "Our 5-star hotels include..."

Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts

The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts

Le Meridien Hotels & Resorts

and other brand-name and independent hotels

--> at this time the InterContinental and the Le Meridien don't have any properties in Las Vegas... and note the last line and other brand-name and independent hotels

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help.

I went up to 100 and still could not get anything accepted in the city center. In the end I gave up and just got a hotel in the PHL airport area since it's only 15 mins away from downtown.

Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport at $70 a night.

I went up to 100 and still could not get anything accepted in the city center.

Glad to see you found something that can work for your needs and budget... i assume you did not bid up to $100 in the City Line zone since at that point the HOTWIRE property discussed above at $94 would have been cheaper?

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

I went up to 100 for Convention center, Rittenhouse, and University area. Not for city line (like you pointed out) because City line is 10 mins away and airport is 15 mins away, so I figured that if I was going to have to book a hotel near city line I might as well go cheaper in the airport area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]