Hotwire Hotel: Help... Please :)

celticmom
By celticmom,
in

Please help me try to ID these hotels... I really want to book something soon. I have never used Hotwire before and we are heading to Chicago for our 10th wedding anniversary :) any help is GREATLY appreciated

Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower

Star rating: 4-star

Check-in date: Sun, Aug 4

Check-out date: Thu, Aug 8

Price: 135.00

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage

Accessible for the deaf

TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock

Accessible path of travel

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

OR

4.5 star Price $157.00

Free Internet

Boutique Hotel

Property offers a distinctive, unique or eclectic atmosphere. Many boutique hotels are smaller, hip properties in an urban setting, or renovated hotels with historical flair.

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please post only the amenity names (and not the descriptions) as you can see how much easier it is to read and helps minimize the chance that we'll miss an amenity when researching your trip.

(our best guess for each is inline below)

4* Water Tower

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

==> Allerton Crowne Plaza

4.5* Water Tower

Free Internet

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

==> Ivy Boutique Hotel

4.5* River North

--> for this property is there also a Hi-Speed Internet amenity as this is what i'm seeing for this offer when searching HOTWIRE for your dates:

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

==> Conrad Hilton (assuming you're seeing the full list i've included above)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A Huge thanks for your help. I used your HOTWIRE link when searching for hotels and dates. This is the first time I have used Hotwire so I am nervous I wont get somewhere I want... eeeek....

Any idea what this place is?

Magnificent Mile Area - River North

Star rating: 3.5-star

Price (super savings) $105 - $193 on other sites

Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

Would likely be the Doubletree (the 3.5* Mag Mile.)

The potential Ivy for $157 is - I think - the most interesting of the top three. That's a new and very small (only a few rooms on each floor) boutique property and, given that, may be able to provide more personalized service for a special occasion. Nice location, as well.

The Doubletree is a very reasonable deal for busy dates - that's a nice property, although very much in-line with what you might expect from a Doubletree (although the free cookies are certainly a bonus.)

You do have to have some flexibility when using the service, but there are some nice potential options available.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I think it's a matter of whether or not any of the potential hotels appeal to you and whether or not you'd rather pay full price. I do think you have some good options via HOTWIRE for these date/s, but if you do decide to go regular rate, please use the site's Support Page links.

The HOTWIRE hotels can change at any time; there is no pre-set change time. They may change once between now and your stay, they may change multiple times and they may not change at all.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I haven't looked at all of the above again, but using the 4.5* Mag Mile North - Water Tower property as an example...

This is a 4.5* rated hotel, with a 95% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests, and has a 4.5/5.0 TA rating (which is excellent)... what about this property is not appealing to you? What is it that you are looking for?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Most hotels in Chicago (aside from a few of the historic properties, for example) have at least reasonably large rooms (as big city hotels go.) Given the density of Chicago, there is no guarantee as to view in a lot of hotels, whether you're paying full price or not. (You may not be looking at a wall, but you may be looking at a number of buildings across the street, etc.)

If the potential hotels are not appealing, what are you looking for in terms of hotel?

A regular rate suggestion would be the Dana for $166 on Expedia, which is on a special sale for 48 hours. That hotel is in a terrific location in the River North area.

Thank you for using the board's Expedia, HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The 4 star currently listed on Mag Mile North -Water Tower area only comes 75% recommended so that is a definite NO for me.

These are the two I would consider now depending on what they might be (I was kinda hoping for the Hyatt or the Intercontinental... wishful thinking?)

Star rating: 4.5-star

Free Internet, Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s)

Listed as $159 - doesn't mention what it is on other sites...

If this is the Ivy I don't think its a great deal as it's listed as $150 on Trendsetter

Star rating: 4.5-star

Pet friendly, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center

Listed as $175 - $244 on other sites

Any ideas???

The Hyatt and the Intercontinental are gigantic, convention-oriented properties, especially the Hyatt, which is the largest hotel in the city. The Intercontinental has a fascinating history and neither are bad hotels, but they would not be towards the top of my list in terms of what I'd recommend for a special occasion.

I'm not seeing what appears to be either the Hyatt or Intercontinental (I am seeing what may be the Conrad, across the street of the IC) when searching for these date/s.

Are you interested in spending $250+ for a 5*?

If you click on the listing (4.5, Mag Mile N-WT) and then click "see all amenities" do you see:

Free Internet

Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

If so, my guess would be the Ivy.

Any idea what this might be??

Star rating: 4-star $137 per night

75% recommended

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant

Business Center

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]