Priceline Hotel: 4* Maui (Kaanapali - Lahaina) Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas

alfie1
By alfie1,
in

Hi there,

I am trying to bid for two stays in hawaii (both 4*) :

Maui, Kaanapali-Lahiana from the 1st - 6th of December 2013 &

Waikiki, Waikiki Beach from the 6th - 15th of December 2013

For about two weeks I have been using the same bidding strategy every day- start at $120 and work it up to $135 or $140 depending on the number of free re bid zones.

So far I have had no success but in these forums I have seen many hotels in the areas I am after go for these prices!

Are there any tips/ am I bidding too early?

Thankyou for your help! :)

Rates are date specific, and I think you currently would need to be in the $165-$185 area to have a better chance at a 4* hotel for these dates.

What is your back-up plan should your bids at $140 continue to be turned down?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will probably stick with my original bids for a while just incase I get lucky and then as the holiday gets closer I will increase to what you have suggested :) I want to stick to the lower budget for the mean time just on the off chance that I do make a successful bid. Thankyou so much for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

The $165-$185 range was posted nearly a month ago and rates have gone up slightly since then... HOTWIRE has the Hyatt Regency Maui for $201/nite if you have any interest in that. OR you can hope for lower rates in the weeks/months ahead, with the risk that rates continue to move higher.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]