Priceline Hotel: 4* Orange County (Disneyland - Anaheim South - Orange - Garden Grove) Anaheim Marriott

Assolute
By Assolute,
in

I think you (or better yet your mom) should first think about what she wants from this trip... sightseeing, resort hotel with a nice pool, city atmosphere and being able to walk to nearby places, shopping, etc, etc... as that would determine what is 'best'.

Once you decide upon a location let us know the details (desired budget, star rating, location, zones, dates, etc) and we'll have a look at your/her options.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming these are the new set of dates for her trip and have merged the threads... please let me know if otherwise.

Before we're able to assist you're going to need to do some research to determine which zone(s) in this area would work best for her needs, as well as let us know a desired star rating and maximum bid. What locations/landmarks is it that she would like to visit on this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.... and please click each of these links before posting.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes they are the new dates, thank you for the merge thereuare.

I've asked her what area she wants to stay in and if there is anything she wants to see specifically and was only told that as long as it's a 3.5-4 star hotel she's happy with more or less any area as the plan is the rent a car. I think the Irvine - Santa Ana area would be a great spot to look

Is Irvine-Santa Ana the only acceptable zone? Did you want to first try for a 4* up to your limit (and would that be $100 or $120) before trying for a 3.5* OR is the goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this trip?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

When bidding 4* in the Orange Country region you have THIRTEEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Irvine-Santa Ana...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

After a few days of failing I decided to move onto a new area

Disneyland - Anaheim Convention Center - Garden Grove *star

Anaheim Marriott for 95/night

I started at 65 and increased it slowly, but made a jump from 85 to 95 so might have been able to get it a bit cheaper but got impatient, overall I'm pleased though!

Congratulations on your success!

While not the original zone you were seeking, it seems as if the plans were flexible, and hopefully your mom will enjoy her stay and here and the property will be convenient for her plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Hope she has a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]