Hotwire Hotel: Need London Hotel advice

thefreematrix
By thefreematrix,
in

I will of course start my bidding via this site, but I need some advice.

There's 3 of us traveling (2 adults, 1 child/teen), so Priceline is probably not an option.

But what's our best strategy on Hotwire?

I would like to be somewhere central and spend under $200. (In the past I've booked for as little as $110 in Kensington, but prices are really high right now).

A hotel is showing up for $163 that's 4 stars in Kensington but I can't idenity it. It's listed as: smoke free rooms, 70% recommended, fitness center, resto, business, laundrey, high speed internet.

Any ideas? It seems to have 4.0 rating on tripadvisor, but not a particularly good one on Hotwire, which makes me nervous.

Any advice is most welcome.

I think there may have been more amenities then what you posted which would not have been seen unless you clicked the 'See all amenities' link during the checkout process. It would be greatly appreciated if you could double check to see if there were additional amenities associated with this listing. You can still view the full list of amenities assoicated with your purchase by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page, then viewing the trip information for this win.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

To see the full list of amenities you need to do the following:

• use this link to search HOTWIRE
  • from the search results page click the offer for this hotel
  • on the next page click BOOK NOW (no worries about purchasing by accident since no credit card information is entered up to this point)
  • on the left side of the page click the 'See all amenities' link

I will of course start my bidding via this site...

Thanks, but please use for your searches too! (please click each of these previous links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I clicked on the links, thank you.

I did a search again and now I see it with the following:

smoke-free, fitness, restaurant, business, laundry, and high-speed internet. I'm fairly certain it's the same hotel because it's at 70%, shows up as being 4.0 on tripadvisor, and has not such great reviews (7 of them) from Hotwire. Any ideas?

Do you think we might do better on PRICELINE in terms of hotel & price, keeping in mind that there are 3 of us?

I wouldn't use PRICELINE for more than double occupancy in Europe... may rooms there only accommodate double occupancy and are smaller then their US counterparts.

I would at least give a search at Accor Hotels to see if there is anything offered that that is reasonable as they often do not charge for the first child in the room (although i forget what the cut-off age is to be considered a 'child'). If you do go this route please use the Accor link in this thread or in our Support Page.

If you're willing to stretch your budget a bit what appears to be the 4.5* Rydges Kensington London is offered for $215/nite, if that is of any interest.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide to do and how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]