Priceline Hotel: Confusion with Carlesbad, CA zones ( Legoland, CA)

Vista_CA
By Vista_CA,
in

Hi,

Trying to book a 4* hotel for 07/04 - 07/06 for 2 nights (using your PRICELINE link). I'm trying for 4* Sheraton Carlsbad Resport and Spa or 3.5 Grand pacific Palisades resort &hotel.

I did a lot of research and there is a confusion in hotel listing.

Does '4* Sheraton Carlsbad Resport and Spa' comes under 'North County Coasta'l or 'Ocean side Coastal' Zone?

The Priceline Hotel list link shows Sheraton under Ocean side coastal, but I saw lot of posts mentioned Sheraton Carlsbad Resort under North County Coastal.

Not sure which one is correct? Please clarify.

Thanks in advance for your help

vista_ca

Thanx for using boards PRICELINE links :)

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Priceline Monterey thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Yellowdog.

Please use the board's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases and searches

PRICELINE often adds, removes, changes boundaries, splits, and combines zones... the Sheraton is currently in the Oceanside - Carlsbad zone. If you use our Priceline Maps you can click this hotel in the listing and see the location on the map and then compare to PRICELINE's current zone and confirm that it is indeed currently in the Oceanside-Carlsbad zone.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed, along with your maximum bid, and we'll try to advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

tried with following using your PRICELINE link:

Dates: 07/04 - 07/06 - 2 nights goal = close to Legoland, CA

* first bid $120 - 4* - 'Ocean side Carlsbad' rejected

* added 'La Mesa' zone - rebid @130 - rejected

* added 'Hillcrust Balboa park' zone - rebid @ 137 - rejected

* added 'National city - Chula Vista' zone - rebid @141 - rejected.

Trying to get 4* with bid < 150$( I know only Shereton is 4*, it's listed a 239$ in priceline as regular price )

Any advice on winning this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

vista_ca

At the 4* level you have TWELVE re-bid zones... do you know how to determine your re-bid zones (as per Priceline Re-Bidding Explained) and/or is there a reason you're not using them all if you haven't yet bid up to your maximum bid?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks for your help on re-bid options for 4*. Since I'm in a hurry and given that it's 4th of July weekend, I went ahead and made a reservation for 'Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel' on their website for 07/04 - 07/06 - 2 nights at @224$ /night ( with free cancellation ) with Total = $530. This is a 3.5 * hotel.

Next time, I'll start the bidding early enough so I've more time and chance to win the bids.

As always, thank you so much for your help. This is such a great site and I always 'first' come to this site whenever we think of vacation :-)

Thanks

vista_ca

Since I'm in a hurry...

You've got about 5 weeks to figure out the re-bids ;) (which we can help with if/when you have the time to do so)

As well, i didn't take another look at rates for your dates yet (since it's unclear if you intend to try again) but i think there is a pretty wide gap between a rejected bid at the 4* level at $141 and settling for a 3.5* hotel at $224... seems like there would be a good chance at getting a 4* hotel closer to $224 or a 3.5* hotel closer to $141.

OK, curiosity got the best of me and HOTWIRE appears to have a 4.5* hotel in the Carlsbad zone for $177/nite which i'm guessing to be the highly rated Park Hyatt Aviara Resort... not sure how this works for your plans in terms of location, but it would certainly seem to be a better value then your current reservation, imo.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]