Priceline Hotel: Need help identifying priceline hotel in SIlver Spring

jo123
By jo123,
in

I am trying to bid on a hotel in downtown Silver Spring, Md in June. There is a 3 star hotel option for Silver Spring, MD that only has 2 listed amenity icons (business office, and fitness center) and a 7+ rating. When I do a general search (regular price) there is only 1 hotel that is 3 stars in silver spring with a 7+ rating and that's the double tree listed at $199/nt for the nights I picked in June. Could it be a different hotel that is not listed in the regular search? or is it possible that when they say 7+ it can be rated in the 8s or 9s? It seems weird that they would list the doubletree with only two amenity icons. Thanks. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

I can't get the same PRICELINE EXPRESS hotel to appear on my search. Can you please run a new search and confirm that you still can see this hotel on your search

Could it be a different hotel that is not listed in the regular search?
Yes, we see many new hotels with the PRICELINE EXPRESS option.
or is it possible that when they say 7+ it can be rated in the 8s or 9s?
I can't say for sure but I don't think PRICELINE would hide a higher rated hotel this way. After all is this a selling argument.

Please use the board's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases and searches

Yellowdog.

EDIT. Are you referring to the bidding service or the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals?

Hi Yellowdog. Thanks for your reply. I originally did a general search, not a PRICELINE EXPRESS search. The search I did showed the doubletree for $199/nt and listed it with a rating of 7.7. When I did a PRICELINE EXPRESS search just now, there is one 3 star hotel in Silver spring for those dates for $66/nt that is rates 8.2.

I believe this hotel is maybe the courtyard north or one of the silver spring north hotels. All the silver spring north hotels however are rated 8 and up, so I am wondering if the name your price one listed for those dates with a 7+ rating is in fact the doubletree. Sorry for any confusion. Any thoughts?

...I am wondering if the name your price one listed for those dates with a 7+ rating is in fact the doubletree.

When PRICELINE shows guaranteed amenities and a user review rating on the NYOP side of their service the amenities shown are amenities that are available at all hotels in the zone (which is why they can show them as 'guaranteed') and the user review rating is of the hotel with the lowest rating in the zone. At this point in the bidding process PRICELINE has not yet even checked inventory or availability for your dates... so even when the user review rating and amenities are shown on the 'bidding' side of PRICELINE, you're not bidding on a specific hotel, but rather PRICELINE is showing you amenities that are present at ALL hotels in the zone (and indicating that the lowest 3.5* rated or better in the zone as rated 7.0 or better)

Hope that makes sense and clarifies the issue, but if not feel free to ask any additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide to do and how it goes and/or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay so if I am understanding this correctly, the NYOP option for 3 stars for my dates can get me a hotel with a rating above 7 and with more amenities than those listed? It seems then impossible to identify the hotel.

Is there any way to identify the hotel? I am really concerned with getting a hotel in Silver Spring North (which is part of the silver spring zone) That is too far from where I need to be. Thanks

Okay so if I am understanding this correctly, the NYOP option for 3 stars for my dates can get me a hotel with a rating above 7 and with more amenities than those listed? It seems then impossible to identify the hotel.

For the most part correct, but an even clearer way of wording it... all 3* (and higher) hotels in the zone have the amenities listed and a minimum 7.0 user review rating. Since the description applies to all hotels in the zone at this star rating (and higher) you could receive any hotel at this star rating (or higher) in the zone and there is no way to target or avoid a specific property within the zone.

If you only want to stay in a specific part of the zone, HOTWIRE can be a better option as it can be easier to include/exclude certain properties based upon the amenities shown, OR if this is still too general for you try our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which makes it easy to see rates for your dates in a given area as well as how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay closer/further to your ideal location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and whatever you decide to do for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]