Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle - National Zoo) Omni Shoreham

benjoe
By benjoe,
in

Greetings. I used the HOTWIRE link and need help in identifying a 4* hotel (2 people) for the nights of August 13, 14 and 15 (leaving on August 16). The price given is $113 with a 95% recommendation rating. The amenity list is:

Pet friendly

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Thanks for any help.

I used the search box on the website and am interested in a 4.5* hotel in the White House--Downtown area. The price is $165 for two people for the nights of August 13, 14 and 15 (leaving on August 16). It has a recommendation rate of 95%, The amenity list includes:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Thanks for any help.

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Hotwire Chicago thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Always follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the outcome and this property will work well for your plans this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire seems to have a new feature (or one I belatedly noticed for the first time): "What hotel? Here's a hint..."

When you do the mouseover, three hotels are shown. I wonder if it will always be the case that one of the three will be the Hotwire hotel. In this case, the Omni was one of the three listed. Interestingly, the Palomar was also listed, which is also pet friendly.

benjoe

I'm sorry to say that it isn't that easy. Sometimes can the hotel you get be listed among the "hints". But HOTWIRE also list hotels outside the zone you're looking at since the hotels only are examples in the same star rating that you're looking at.

I hope this helps.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Also, it doesn't (at least not on my screen, although i know HOTWIRE is using a few different interfaces at the moment) say "Here is a hint"... it says (again, on my screen) "Our 3-star hotels include..." or "See hotels in this class..."

The purpose is to give users an idea of what hotels fall into which star categories so that they can determine which star rating likely best fits their needs, not that it will be one of the properties listed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]