Priceline Hotel: new orleans april 26 to may 4th or so

tamatem
By tamatem,
in

yes, oh the insanity of hoping to get a reasonable rate in or close to the French Quarter at this time. I am flexible about the end dates, but not flexible with the beginning dates as I am meeting a friend there. What is the lowest possible winning bid I can hope for, in terms of best value for cost? Or what would you suggest? So far, I have been bidding 110, from 4 to 3 stars, in the FQ and downtown area with no luck as of yet.

For the complete set of dates i think you're likely looking in the $170-$190 area.

HOTWIRE does have a 3* hotel in the Downtown South - Warehouse District zone for $162/nite with:

Free Internet

Boutique

Fitness

Restaurant

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

My guess for this one would be the Blake Hotel New Orleans which if correct is located in the northern part of the zone (and consistent with the 4.5/5.0 location rating given by previous HOTWIRE guests)... thought i'd mention in case this is of interest.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Priceline Express Deals has a 3 star downtown NOLA hotel for $115/night for the first weekend of Jazz Fest. Also, Hotwire has a 4 star downtown for $139/night. If anyone knows what these hotels are, please post. Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Please start a new thread with the complete details of your stay, as well as the complete details of both the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE Express listing and we would be happy to take a look and offer our thoughts on each.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

RE-bid zones will differ depending upon what star rating you are bidding. To learn how to determine your re-bid zones (which you should learn to do on your own since they should be checked before every bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since you last checked) see this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained.

Once you read that thread feel free to ask questions and/or let us know what star rating you're bidding and confirm your re-bid zones with the board. If you read this thread and are confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What do you want to try first:

4* FQ

4* FQ and DT

3.5* FQ

3.5* FQ and DT

3* FQ

3* FQ and DT

What dates do you want to try for first? What is your maximum bid?

If you're heading back to the hotel late at nite and don't feel safe take a taxi... although i'll add that some of the 'Downtown' zone hotels are just a block off of Canal probably just as safe as any other in the Quarter.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]