Priceline Hotel: 4* Pittsburgh (Downtown) Omni William Penn Hotel

LWQuestie
By LWQuestie,
in

Bid $77-$99 (in $2 increments). No luck yet.

I'm keeping an eye on the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals now as well. Are they tending to follow the same star level guide as the NYOP (ie, a 4 or 3.5 on NYOP could be picked up through the same level on Express Deals)? I noticed a 3.5* Express Deal for $90, but I'm worried about getting stuck over in Station Square.

*edit* - that Express Deal went up to $104 in the last five minutes!

I always use the PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start my purchases and searches!
You should, too!

The PRICELINE EXPRESS product is still quite new, but my experience so far is that the hotels use the same star rating as the Name Your Own Price side of their service.

I'm not currently seeing any 3.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS deal offered when searching for your nites above... this close to check-in for a very high demand date, it's not unusual for inventory to change quickly and often.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bid up to $119 tonight. No hit.

Keeping an eye on the Express Deals still - 3.5* is back at $113. It shows 8.0 rating, but it can't be the Wyndham, because that hotel has no pool. The other three (including the blasted Sheraton Station Square) are ratings of 8.1, 8.6 and 8.9. I'm leaning towards the 4* for $166. Will try bidding the next few days and see what happens.

You should, too!

I expect I'll end up with the $160-ish 4* express deal. I'll bid up to right under that on NYOP before switching over. I'm hesitant to bid on 3.5* at all because of the possibility of "winning" in Station Square. And if the 3* is only $20-25 less, I'd rather pay more and win on a 4*.

You should, too!

Started bidding at $141 and was immediately offered rebid for +$30 at $171. Obviously was not going for that, with the 4* Express Deal at $164 available, so went back and increased bid $2 at a time till $151 was accepted.

Got my first choice hotel, and am absolutely thrilled with this result!

Rate on the hotel website is $229 for this night.

You should, too!
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]