Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Houston (Aldine - Bush Ictl Airport IAH) Wingate By Wyndham Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport Iah

johnmiller
By johnmiller,
in

EXPRESS DEAL

This is a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal, which Priceline has recently started. It is similar to the classic Hotwire strategy. You get to see the Star Level, location and price. On Priceline, you get to see how it does in terms of customer reviews.

Listed directly in their search results. After conducting a search, click the Express Deals tab.

The Wingate by Wyndham includes the following amenities:

* Free high speed internet connection

* Exercise gym

* Pets allowed

* Free airport shuttle

One important consideration regarding any Wyndham property is this: They are independently owned and operated.

In other words, you have zero idea what you're going to get. It is a roll of the dice. I have put up a friend at a Super 8, and it was a nightmare. This Wyndham property had its issues. I had someone with me on this trip, and she wasn't having a good day. So, after our argument, I left to go elsewhere, but I forgot my camera.

She later decided to leave too, and took my camera with her. She told the front desk person that she had it, but wasn't handing it to that person. I personally believe the front desk person should have offered to keep the camera for me, or even been more insistent on trying to get the camera. I did pay for the room, and it was my camera. Plus, they do have security to help.

I am working to get back the camera now. But at that time, when I got back to the hotel, which turned out to be shortly after this friend had left, the front desk person just seemed amused by the whole situation, and not caring at all.

The front desk people at Wyndham properties are always the worst things about them. None of the properties are all that great, but the people the franchise owners insist on having up front seem to be very lacking in caring about the customers.

I really don't want to stay at Wyndham properties anymore, no matter how much I'm saving. And, I wish Priceline had nothing to do with them either. If Priceline continues to do business with Wyndham, I should reconsider doing business with Priceline.

Sorry to hear of your ordeal and that this stay didn't go as well as expected, but i think there is more risk/liability for the front desk to take your camera then to leave the onus on your friend. While i tend to avoid the lower rated hotels like Super 8, Travelodge, etc. the Wyndham branded hotels in NYC tend to get very good reviews.

If you're unable to take the 'roll of the dice' and want to avoid a specific chain or brand, HOTWIRE is always another option as you can often use the reviews and other information provided to avoid any 'known' problem hotels.

Hope you're future wins are more enjoyable.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]