Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Cambridge East - Charlestown) Royal Sonesta Hotel Boston

Rossi
By Rossi,
in

Hi

So I have been trying to get a hotel in Cambridge MA, and I have been unsuccesful. I am up to $165 and no luck yet. I am bidding for a 4* Hotel for Cambridge East - Charlestown Area and Cambridge West - Harvard area for 11/09-11/12. and of course always using your PRICELINE link :)

I am wondering, are there any events in Boston or Cambridge during these dates? or is it too early to try to book a hotel?

The last time I was Cambridge 2 yrs ago I booked the Hyatt Regency Cambridge for $65 in April

Any feedback is super appreciated

THank you!!!

There are two conventions ending on Nov 9th each with 8K attendees (although i'm not sure if the shows are related and 'sharing' the attendees, making it only 8K extra visitors vs. 16K extra visitors in town) and from Nov 10-12 there is another convention with 6K attendees. While 6K-8K people may not seem very large for a city like Boston, they do have a fairly small number of hotels for a city their size and this could easily have an effect on hotel rates. On top of this, there are so many colleges and universities in the specific area you're bidding that it wouldn't surprise me if it were homecoming, parent's weekend, etc. at one or more of these institutions which would only increase the demand even further.

With the above noted, you may not be too far off as i suspect at the moment you may be looking at about $175-$200 for a 4* hotel, but not sure how high you're willing to bid at this time, or how much your other options are (you can try MAPS and HOTELS.com to see retail rates offered close to the precise location you need).

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So I tried a range of bids for a course of a week and I even went down to 3 stars and changed my areas as well.

I tried Beacon Hill, Boston Common, Copley Square and Cambridge East and west and no luck. I went up to $195 and nothing

Finally EUREKA!!

I got the following 4 star hotel at $200 night and right in Cambridge like I wanted

Royal Sonesta Hotel Boston

Cambridge East - Charlestown

40 Edwin Land Boulevard, Cambridge, MA 02142

Check-In: Fri, Nov 9, 2012 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out: Mon, Nov 12, 2012 / 12:00 PM

Rooms: 1 room / 3 nights

I am so happy with the outcome and the hotel won, I checked online and it was $299/night for those dates.

Thanks again for the board :) as always soooo helpful

I used the PRICELINE link for all my bids

Happy Travels :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]