Priceline Hotel: No good deals in downtown Chicago Sept 20-22

hcm
By hcm,
in

Was hoping to book a room in downtown Chicago (either Loop or River North) for Sept 20-22, but prices are too high.

I started bidding at $55 for a 4*, which is available often, and used 6 re-bid zones, three days in a row, to bid all the way up to $175, without luck.

Now I'm sniffing around other sites, like Lastminutetravel.com, and I don't have a deal yet.

As always, I started my bidding from the PRICELINE link at the top right of the BetterBidding screen.

Are you driving? Some of the nearby suburban areas are nice and would be quite a bit cheaper. A downtown win would likely take moderately higher at the 4* level ($175ish, possibly somewhat higher.)

However, you could likely get a 3.5*/4* under $100 in the 'burbs (and likely under $75.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

where would we want to possibly bid for the burbs? i was hoping to get nma/millenium for 9/27-9/30 for under 130 but wouldn't be opposed to burbs if it was close and not an inconvenience.

I am having the same issue. Do you or anybody know what the closet suburb would be that is walkable to downtown?

There are no suburbs that are walkable to downtown - they are a trek; likely a 35-42 minute train ride from downtown on the Metra trains, which are nicer than CTA trains. Once you get out of the core downtown area, it's a ways until hotel dense areas.

In terms of 9/20-22, I think you're likely looking at $180-190 for a 4* in the two main downtown zones. In the North burbs, you are likely looking at $45-55 for a 3.5* and probably around $55-70 for a 4*. However, I'd really only recommend the suburbs if you are driving - it's too difficult to get around otherwise in the suburbs. The suburbs would be vastly cheaper for these dates, but it's a matter of whether or not one thinks the trip to/from each day is worthwhile.

If the 'burbs would be of interest, let us know and we would be happy to offer suggestions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]